Is my scale becoming less accurate?

Options
I was very pleased when I weighed myself and came up with 157 pounds. Last month, I was weighing in at around 160 or 161.

However, I have weighed myself again and again, over days and at all different times of day. My weight continues to be either 157.0 or 157.2. It is never anything else, like 157.1 or 156.9. This is an electronic scale.

To troubleshoot, I weighed myself with a big jug of water, and my scale read 159.4.

Why would this happen? Is my scale becoming less accurate? My weight would always vary significantly (by 1-2 pounds) over the day and between days in the past, so the lack of variance doesn't make much sense to me.

Replies

• sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Is there a reset button you can press? You should stick with one time of day to weigh yourself, morning, noon, night. Which ever you like best. I weigh in the mornings myself.

The jug of water seems like it's around the right weight added to your own. I'm not sure if something is wrong with it. Perhaps there isn't? Is there another scale you can use and see what that one says?
  • Speedtrap
    Options
    Some digital scales are only accurate to 0.2 lbs, that is the most likely reason you are only seeing even numbers. As well unless you spent a lot of money on the scale it is not 100 % accurate. As well batteries that are starting to fail can lead to inaccurate readings.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    This happened to me one time and just replacing the batteries solved it. It was like whenever I stepped on it it said I was the same weight.