Zumba...WHOA!!!

Options
I did my first actual Zumba class last night and i loved it!! Although I was a little confused b/c tI thought it was all Latin dancing steps, but the instructor added his own like Russian Dancing as well as Indian Dancing, and Egyptian(?) moves in there as well...It was AMAZING and fun. I didnt want it to end. It was obvious that he's not a fitness guy but a dancer guy- he was incredibly talented!!
For the first time ever, I was really sad to see class ending. :sad: I wanted more!
Is most Zumba only Latin dancing steps?

Replies

• goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I did my first actual Zumba class last night and i loved it!! Although I was a little confused b/c tI thought it was all Latin dancing steps, but the instructor added his own like Russian Dancing as well as Indian Dancing, and Egyptian(?) moves in there as well...It was AMAZING and fun. I didnt want it to end. It was obvious that he's not a fitness guy but a dancer guy- he was incredibly talented!!
    For the first time ever, I was really sad to see class ending. :sad: I wanted more!
    Is most Zumba only Latin dancing steps?
  • nueta1922
    nueta1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I luv my Zumba classes too. I take it at least 2 a week. Two of the classes are after 8 PM and they are so packed you have to get there early for a spot.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba for awhile at Parks and Rec. I didn't care for it but I think it was the instructor. She wasn't very "latiny" in her movements PLUS she made us run during part of it. I have been trying to find a better class but here in Podunk there is little chance of that.:angry:
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    our gym has Zumba and I agree . . . love love love it! I remember when it first started there was like 8 of us, yesterday I stopped counting . . . no room to tie your shoelaces . . .
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I take zumba at the YMCA.. and i LOVE it. I go Mondays and Thursdays.. I am always looking forward to it.
    I am just like you, i don't want it to end! :cry:

Lately, it seems to get easier and the classes feel shorter each time.. :ohwell:

It does seem to be that most of the steps are Latin.. but our teachers add in some top 40 music, some lunges and standing crunches..

No matter what though, we still have a blast!
  • r8rfanz247
    r8rfanz247 Posts: 1
    Options
    My mom neighbor runs zumba classes and I heard it was fun. Im sooo gonna sign up now! Thanks Ladies! This is only my 2nd week of working out and really dont want to get bored of it so i want to keep things fresh!

202728.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Our Zumba classes seem to vary depending on the instructor...some are very Latiny, some hip hop, some classical dance...it keeps it interesting and fun!

Becky
  • BerlzE
    BerlzE Posts: 2
    Options
    Darn my gym doesn't have it.... My hairdresser in Florida just started teaching it (I live in NY now, so can't go to her classes, lol)
    I have never done it, but I would LOVE to try it... Wonder if there are Zumba DVD's, I am sure there are!:tongue:
    202584.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    There are Zumba CD's, I have them from the creator of Zumba.....I did it yesterday and I cannot move today. I feel like I swung my *kitten* into the other room and then by the time it caught up I was swingin it into the kitchen whew................I get about 12 mins in and I stop and start my pushups.....I am determined to get through the entire DVD someday. They say 1 hour of high impact Zumba burns generally 1000 cals! That is quite a workout...............GO ZUMBA FANATICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: