Earbuds That Stay In When You Run... Do they exist?

Options
I think the topic says it all...
I am convinced that there is no such thing! Before I go out and spend MORE money on another brand of earbuds, give me your take!

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    They are mythical! I always get the ones that hook over my ears as well.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I can't wear the ones that are sort of flattened at the end speaker... my ears are too small, they hurt and fall out almost immediately. I buy the ones that go in your ear - usually they have about 3 sets of different size soft rubber attachments that go in your ear - pick the one that fits best. If profusely sweating I still have to sometimes remove and dry them so they stay in, but that's been rare since I found the right size.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I use Skullcandy earbuds, and I have never had issues with them falling out during runs or other impact-type exercises! If you have a Marshall's near you, I get them there for around $20.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses even when running so can't do over the ear ones. The ones with a solid back-of-the-neck loop work well unless you have a collar or turn your head, both of which keep knocking them out of your ears. iPod headphones seem to stay in OK, especially with foam covers.
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use Sony in-ear buds ($50). Good sound. Don't fall out. Bose makes a good pair too, but they're $99.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I use Skullcandy earbuds, and I have never had issues with them falling out during runs or other impact-type exercises! If you have a Marshall's near you, I get them there for around $20.

^^^This.
    Never had a problem with the soft rubber ear buds that fit all the way inside the ear.
  • kajones2009
    kajones2009 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too, especially because i have small ears.. I use the buds that have the marshmellow covers.. they're similar to earplugs and when you stick them i they form to your ears.
  • evanstm
    Options
    They ALWAYS fall out of my ears, too. I use Sony over the head in the ear ones. Like a headband....I know I look old school but at least I don't have to worry about them all the time!
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Adidas makes some that I use an I would say they are the best I have used. I have gone on 5 mile runs without them falling out.
  • swimforever
    Options
    I've had problems with normal earbuds falling out when I run, but I have this pair that is sort of L shaped and they stay in my ear really nicely when I run. These ones form to your ears too and they are pretty good at blocking sound. I got them for Christmas last year from my parents but I think they were only $30 and they still are in good condition.

I find that with earbuds I always have to crazy glue the bud onto the headphones though, just so that they don't fall off, because they're always falling off! Crazy glue is great for that.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    skullcandy, ok Ill look those up! great thread thank you!
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    i use these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Ear+Bud+Headphones+-+Black/8703389.p?id=1199496037598&skuId=8703389&st=sony earphones&cp=1&lp=1

they're really comfortable because they dont squeeze your ear, you wear them like earbuds, but the loop around the back of your ear helps to keep them in place without having to have something over your head or around the back of your neck.

EDIT TO ADD: i also wear glasses and they don't interfere with those at all either. they're very non-intrusive.
    i promise i dont work for best buy nor do i work for sony. i just swear by these earphones.
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options

^^^This.
    Never had a problem with the soft rubber ear buds that fit all the way inside the ear.

To the post above this one - Joplin doesn't have a Marshall's... and we're still waiting for our main athletic store to rebuild from the tornado. :-/
    So... these "soft rubber ear buds that fit all the way inside the ear"... is this like the iFrogz or Yurbuds? I've been looking around online... I'll look for the Skullcandy, too!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have some that I got at WalMart that are for working out. They have an ear shaped 'loop' attached to the ear bud that your ear actually fits into. Search walmarts online site for 'sport earphones'. They have a bunch of diff. types.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have those. They fall out of my ears when I sweat worse than any other kind. Plus, both mine and my daughter's stopped working right within weeks. Only one side has sound.

Walmart also has them.
  • nixhaz
    nixhaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sennheiser Sport Line MX75 Consumer Headphones MX 75

These ROCK!

They sort of wedge in your ear, you can adjust the size to fit. Sound quality is amazing, they NEVER fall out and they only cost £6! :)

Oh yeah, totally waterproof (you can wash them!!).

Love this kit.

Green is a bit yuck though :)
  • meaganbush
    meaganbush Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use Yurbuds. I have tiny ears and can't use the typcial sized headphones. Been using these for 2 years with no issues. I just ordered the smallest size and it worked perfectly.
  • zumbawhit
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!
  • zumbawhit
    Options
    Sennheiser Sport Line MX75 Consumer Headphones MX 75

These ROCK!

They sort of wedge in your ear, you can adjust the size to fit. Sound quality is amazing, they NEVER fall out and they only cost £6! :)

Oh yeah, totally waterproof (you can wash them!!).

Love this kit.

Green is a bit yuck though :)

Just looked these up... they seem pretty cool!
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options

^^^This.

Skullcandy all the way. I've never had a problem with my earbuds since switching to them. =]