Good Knee Brace?

Options
Hello,

I have PTS in my right knee, essentially I have a crooked knee cap. It causes me a lot of pain doing lunges/squats and it twists easily during cardio.

Can anyone recommend a good knee brace that will stay in place during cardio? If I can get a good brace then I won't have to keep dealing with it twisting, it can be quite painful. I ice my knee every night, but some prevention is what I need.

Any advice you can give would be great.

Thanks!
Candace

Replies

• rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mueller patelar knee strap
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I need a knee brace too:)

Ronney
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    After knee re-construction and the decision to get off my duff for some reason my knees started bothering me......lol
    I tried a knee brace, but in the end I found what the above poster said to be most helpful. The patella strap.
  • LoonyBird720
    LoonyBird720 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try and pick one up this weekend!! I've got to do something b/c my knee is driving me nuts.
  • Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Current recommendation is going away from knee braces and focusing on strength training of your stabilizing muscles (hip, quad, hamstring) while effectively stretching each day (the above-mentioned muscles plus your IT band). I've dealt with "runners knee" for six years and once I started implementing the strength training and stretching instead of the brace, I've had more relief. If your insurance covers physical therapy (quite a few do, you just have to get a referral from your primary doc), they are a WONDERFUL resource for things like these! Good luck!