A long way to go...

Options
I've finally decided to get on top of my weight after letting it take the reins for the last two years. When I topped out at 250 lbs, I knew I had to do something. I've got about 90 pounds to lose.

I joined myfitnesspal because I can't do this on my own. I think the calorie counter and forums will be a big help!

Anyone else have over 75 lbs to lose?

Replies

• blackbeltfairy
    Options
    I've finally decided to get on top of my weight after letting it take the reins for the last two years. When I topped out at 250 lbs, I knew I had to do something. I've got about 90 pounds to lose.

I joined myfitnesspal because I can't do this on my own. I think the calorie counter and forums will be a big help!

Anyone else have over 75 lbs to lose?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi!! welcome to mfp:flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yep I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the club!!!!
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I also have more than 75 pounds to lose. I believe that this site will be the key to my success. I love this site. It is easy to use and I like the support members give each other. Good luck on your journey.
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!
  • blackbeltfairy
    Options
    It's great to know that there are others out there in the same boat as me!

After looking at today's calorie consumption, I'm feeling pretty motivated to eat better. No more random cookies or Mini-Eggs! (Curse those leftover Easter candies...)
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Welcome! Many of us have similar amounts of weight to lose. I am on my way to losing 80 lbs. Keep logging your food (even the naughty stuff) it really helps alot to hold yourself accountable.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    I have a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG way to go. Surprisingly I will be excited when I hit the 250 mark. I want to loose about 115 to 120 for my first major step, and once I get down that far I will see about loosing more. I havent been under the 200 mark in over 10 years and would love to have that feeling again, then after that I would love to know what it is like to be thin, I have always been heavy.

Welcome and remember just take it one day at a time and before you know it a year will go by and you will look super!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have just over 75 to lose. I'm on my way...and glad your joining us!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Yes, I want to lose about 140!! I just joined this site -very- early in the morning yesterday, and i am loving it so far!! everyone is so nice and supportive!! if you need a friend, just hit me up!
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have 50 to lose. It seems like a daunting journey but I'm glad to start today and not tomorrow that leads to months. I'm sick being in a body that deserves more and I've been too lazy to give it what it needs.. slow and steady finishes the race is my hope.

Good luck! This forum is a great start!