New and could use some HELP

Options
Well I am new to these but was recommanded by my doctor. My name is Sabrina and I am 34 years old. I am not good at this whole diet and exercise thing. I start and then just get plain feed up with it or LAZY... I am looking for people who would like to be friends and work together on our goals... I need someone who is working towards a better them just for help in encouragement when those rocky points come up.

Replies

• Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sabrina! I can totally relate and am here to support you on this journey. Feel free to add me!
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You'll get plenty of support here, i'd recommend adding lots of friend and always be honest in your diary, even if you have a bad day :smile:
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina, welcome and good luck....you will love it here!
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I could support you if you do the same. :smile:
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Its a great place to keep yourself accountable and to see that your effort is giving results. Friends are the way to go without them it is hard and they can give you encouragement when you have a bad day.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    this is a great place for support- it makes life so much easier when you start tracking your food- I think of it as a game (I am ultra competitive, so this works well for me). Feel free to add me too!
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina-- I have done every diet in the world and failed each time. I love MFP! You will too! This site is inspiring and everyones dedication is addictive! You are welcome to add me if you would like. :tongue:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me as a friend. I need all the motivation I can get. I also either just get burned out or decide since I haven't lost 10 pounds in a day it's not worth it and just get lazy and quit. I'm hoping that I'll stay on track this time and remember to stay the course.
  • michonw
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 47 years old and I've done exactly what you're talking about. I go full force at the beginning and then something will take me off my routine and that's it! I'm new here too...just my 2nd week and I'm so Happy I found this site! I started my "healthy plan" on November 7th and I'm still at it STRONG! :) The support here is amazing. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm all about SUPPORT and encouragement. Just remember...if you fall off your healthy wagon, tomorrow is a new day to get back on and take control again. You CAN DO IT!!! ROCK ON SISTER! LET'S DO THIS!
  • AngelJLV83
    AngelJLV83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina!! I was the EXACT same as you. I would diet and exercise and then 2 weeks later find some excuse to quit. I finally had a breakthrough! Feel free to add me as a friend! Add lots of people. They are key to keeping you motivated!! I would be nowhere without my MFP friends. I made my real life friends join too!!
  • KellyEdwards85
    KellyEdwards85 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like:smile: . I dont know anyone personally that uses MFP so any encouragement helps!