Checking In

Options
Question: How often do you all weigh in? I just seriously started in MFP this Monday and I'm already ready to weigh in just to see if there is a slight diference in the scale. I have about 40 pounds that I want to lose so I guess I want to see what has happened so far.... Or maybe I should wait a few weeks to see a dramatic difference rather than a pound or two.....? I would hate to weigh in every week and don't see a change (that may be a little more discouraging to me especially when I know I'm trying hard)

I was just curious to know if it helps (or hinders) you more when you check in more often than most?? Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The best is to do it once a week in the morning completely naked. It seems to provide an accurate weight.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    one a week, at most
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    For some people it helps to weigh often but for me it's best if I only weight once a week, naked, in the morning and after a wee! :embarassed:

Your weight will fluctuate by a few pounds throughout the day plus you may put on weight from water retention if your exercising or eating salty foods or TOTM. I think once a week is a more accurate measure. Although I find the scales can be a menace to your progress as well as I get so down if I see a half a pound come on it can put me off track. Remember the scale is only one way to measure your success and not the most reliable, take pictures and measure too! x
  • vscheffel
    vscheffel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily to give me an idea if im making progress so i know where to adust my food/exersice but i only weigh in weekly
  • malibutigger
    malibutigger Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning to encourage me if i've lost and to give me a kick if i've gained any.

i also weigh once a week with family to get an overall view.

i check in on here every time i go down a pound - sometimes that's in 2 days, sometimes that's only once a week. x
  • tgrant766
    Options
    its best to do it once a week - the 1st thing in the morning has proven to be the best for me. Even if you do not lose the 1st week you should continue to weigh in. If you gain it will let you know where you need to make improvements. This is the best way to keep you motivated! Good luck
  • jsteffen80
    Options
    While I step on the scale almost every day as I like to see my body weight fluctuate, I only log my Monday morning weight on the site. That is also the only one I put any sort of faith in.

However, I find that the readout on my HRM, my belt, and my overall feeling are much more reliable measuring sticks.
  • princess_43
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advice. Since I started on Monday, I think I'm going to just check in every Monday morning and just try to stay away from the scale the other days!

Although I love to feel better and fit in my clothes, I'm anxious about that number on the scale lowering tremendously. But I know it will all come in time.

Thank you all!