Kettlebells

Options
Has any one tried kettlebells and seen results thinking of giving it a go!

Replies

• patter10
    patter10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I actually use kettlebells every other day. Good leg and core workout . Light weight for cardio, heavy weight for muscle building
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i do! i recommend having someone teach you though, or going to a class, because since a lot of kettlebells is swinging and throwing, it is easy to hurt yourself (especially your back). they are a great strength and cardio workout (at the same time). they burn tons of cals since it is an interval workout with plyos and power moves. i highly recommend!!
  • jhsimpson
    jhsimpson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree that Kettlebell Instruction/Training from an instructor is highly recommended. However, sometimes that is impractical or impossible to locate one-on-one or group classes in your area. I would like to point you to another site called VIDEO FITNESS. There is a discussion thread covering kettlebell.: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=103700

I'll tell you that they are highly addictive and my go to exercise for a quick workout. In fact I have a KB at the office and will do some swings and squats in my cubicle while stuck on those conference calls!
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good for you for considering KBs for your workouts. They are perhaps the most fun I've ever had working out. Just be aware that there's a very real danger of injury with these bad boys if your form is even slightly off. As was recommended, one on one instruction should be your first priority. If that is impractical, the link that jhsimpson provided has links to all the KB masters. Good stuff.

Just a word of warning to add. STAY AWAY from anything from Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper (why they're so popular I'll never know). Those two idiots have no idea how to handle a kettlebell and they WILL get you injured.
  • jellytots540
    jellytots540 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys there is a PT at my gym who works with kettlebells so will book a session with her! X
  • patter10
    Options
    I do have to ask, how would you document the exercise on this site? I searched under kettlebells and found nothing.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do have to ask, how would you document the exercise on this site? I searched under kettlebells and found nothing.

I document it as circuits
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    circuits!! ok i have been trying to figure out how to record it! this helps so much ty!
  • patter10
    Options

I document it as circuits

Awesomeness! I'm going to do some CIRCUITS in a little bit.