if you workout 7 days a week would that be active or very ac

Options
I am a housewife who goes to the gym 7 days a week. So I am thinking that I should put my activity level as very active vs active help please.

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Don't include your workouts in your activity level -- you should log those separately.

For example, I work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, sitting at a desk. I workout at least 5 days per week. My activity level is set to sedentary, and I log my workouts as I do them.

I would guess your activities as a housewife to put you in the lightly active or active category.
  • jenniferhiggins
    jenniferhiggins Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    so then you only eat your sedentary calories and maybe your exercise calories.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I concur. Don't include your workouts in your activity level.

Yes. You eat your sedentary calories and your exercise calories. That's the way MFP is set up.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    exercise is extra, as a college student who walks around like a chicken with its head cut off all day for 5 days a week, I put very active, but over the break I will only be lightly active.
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    yea you eat your daily calories plus any you gained from exercise. you're fine just not going over your net calories
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    As a teacher for teenagers with Autism I am running around ALL DAY! I only have mine set to lightly active. I was told that for active you need to walk multiple miles a day in your job, like a mailman. I do not. I am guessing you are lightly active to sedentary. Log workouts as you do them.
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am a housewife who goes to the gym 7 days a week. So I am thinking that I should put my activity level as very active vs active help please.

This is just my two cents but you should at least have 1 day of rest. Body needs to heal and relax-7 days is INTENSE...
    To answer your question-it all depends on how active you are outside of working out...