Rockin' size 18 jeans

Options
I know, that doesn't sound all that impressive, but considering that at the end of August I was very comfortably wearing size 22 jeans, I'm feeling pretty dang hot! Of course I dug these jeans out of the back, back, back part of my closet, and they are UGLY (were these highwaters really ever in style, or did I get taller?). But I don't care...they fit, and I am wearing them....just around the house. I actually like the "snug" way they fit...I am getting so used to wearing pants that are about to fall down because they are so big...actually feeling them on my waist is a nice reminder that I am not done yet. Yay!!!

Replies

• sassareno
    sassareno Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That DOES sound impressive!! Over the past year I've grown from a size 16 to 20, so I'd love to get back down to an 18 (and then keep decreasing, of course!). Definitely an awesome feeling to wear old pants that are a smaller size, and be happy with how they hug your curves. Keep up the good work!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congratulations! Every size down is an accomplisment! Keep up the great work!
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is great. I have a pair of size 18petite work pants hanging on my closet door and when I can fit them I will wear them for a week and do cartwheels.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I'm impressed, Dawn! I was wearing 24 or 22's when I started (actually bigger than that at my heaviest), and I was able to get in an 18W a couple of weeks ago. We've lost about the same!! We're weight loss twins!! Enjoy that feeling!! :flowerforyou:
  • chelseyjade666
    Options
    make every small victory a large one in your heart.
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great job, Great feeling to dig something out of the closet that you had given up on to find out it fits or its toooo BIG.
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thats a great accomplishment! Congrats to ya!
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I can't wait to fit back into my 18s! ;)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You better celebrate girl. That's a great victory. You'll reach your goals just keep pushing.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I bet that feels great! I love putting on my shorts from July every once in awhile to see how loose they are for a motivation boost! Keep up the hard work, you're doing wonderfully!
  • adoringclaire
    Options
    Great job! Girllll that is a big accomplishment! I just bought a pair of size 20 jeans :(

But I have a pair of size 18 black pants hanging up that I can't wait to wear again..
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    Way to go. Anything smaller than the size you were wearing when you started is an accomplishment.
  • smathinly
    Options
    Wooohooo! Nice. You rock those 18s lady!
  • DannyNovela
    DannyNovela Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it is always fun to dig out old clothes we hang on to .... i did that and found that i was even smaller than the stuff i had stored for the "in case i lose weight" occasion. good going!
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congratulations! Every size down is an accomplisment! Keep up the great work!
  • ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    YAY, YOU! I'd totally be celebrating...victory!!! :)
  • betslyn
    Options
    You wear those jeans with pride -- you deserve it - wear them until they are big and then get rid of them. Get rid of all your old clothes. That is the one thing that I am doing different this time. I am tossing my clothes as I out grow them. Go to resale shops, thrift shops, garage sales or what ever it takes to keep yourself in the clothes that actually fit you and throw the old ones away - or donate them is even better. Don't let them hang around just in case -- There will be no case. I really believe that if I have to go out and start buying a bigger size again, it will scare me straight. It was too easy to just reach in the back of the closet and pull out the bigger size. I went from a very very tight 20W to (I just got into) size 8. If I can do it anyone can so keep going! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!