Really???

Okay, so at some point your body is just "supposed" to know when your full??? - your kidding right???

Replies

• SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Mine does not either. But my head tells me when I've had enough calories. I stay a little hungry I suppose.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,872 Member
    Yup, that's the way it's suppose to work.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Your body may know when it is full but our mind controls what we do and when we are satisfied... sucks
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Okay, so at some point your body is just "supposed" to know when your full??? - your kidding right???

I hear ya!
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Lol, I know what you mean!! They say that's how it's supposed to be.. But I can't remember ever being like that. But when I was younger we never had food in our house.. Ever since I started taking care of myself, running my own household, actually HAVING food around I've over indulged. And never felt "full". Since I (re-started) taking control though I am noticing more now when I am actually hungry or full.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    its just odd how its never the same. Today I had a smart One weight watcher meal. Ive had it a million times and eaten the whole thing. Today I had like 5 bites, and I am stuff to the max!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    I never experienced that feeling until I stopped eating processed food, that's why I started a food diary. Little me could honestly eat an entire large pizza, no problem. That's also why I started working out - so I could eat that whole large pizza! I just never felt full but if I avoid processed stuff I have a much better sense of hungry and full.

I still have a problem with "there's only 4 bites left so I have to finish it" haha
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member

I still have a problem with "there's only 4 bites left so I have to finish it" haha

Same Here!! lol
  • valadees
    valadees Posts: 16 Member
    Phew! I thought I was alone on this one!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Some foods don't fill you up no matter how much you eat. Fast food burgers and fries are like that for me. Easy solution: don't eat them. Sure, I do like burgers and fries (especially fries), but there are plenty of other options that I like just as much, if not more.

Eating slowly also helps a lot. It gives your brain the time to register the full feeling. It also gives your mouth the time to recognize diminishing returns (first few bites being much more delicious than the last ones). One time I was having a milk shake; halfway through the cup, I realized I couldn't even taste it anymore, literally. All my mouth could feel was its coldness. So I threw out the remaining half.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    My stomach definitely gets to feel full and overful (hate that) my head though often says I'm full before the stomach does
  • valadees
    valadees Posts: 16 Member
    "One time I was having a milk shake; halfway through the cup, I realized I couldn't even taste it anymore, literally. All my mouth could feel was its coldness. So I threw out the remaining half. "

Wow - now that makes me wonder how many pounds I could have saved myself if I just realized I could not taste/enjoy whatever I was eating! Good thought!
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Sometimes I get the I'm full feeling, but I keep eating because I don't want to get hungry again too soon after. And also the feeling of "there's only a bit left, might as well eat it" lol

I only put on my plate the amount of calories I can eat for that meal but I'd like to be full and master the "not having to clean my plate" thing
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    I get like that. Last weekend I never really felt full, but then like last night my family went to my brother's house to find out the gender of the baby him and his wife are expecting. She had made cupcakes and other things. I was eating the cupcake and could only eat half even though it tasted amazing. I was full from just eating a bit of her hamburger dip and a serving of the chips. I handed the rest of my cupcake to my dad. I was surprised that I didn't finish off the whole thing. Bodies are a strange thing.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    I'm a bottomless pit
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    "One time I was having a milk shake; halfway through the cup, I realized I couldn't even taste it anymore, literally. All my mouth could feel was its coldness. So I threw out the remaining half. "

Wow - now that makes me wonder how many pounds I could have saved myself if I just realized I could not taste/enjoy whatever I was eating! Good thought!
    Glad you found it helpful :flowerforyou: I do eat decadent treats fairly often. I just make sure 1) I get enough protein for the day, and 2) it's amazingly delicious. If a treat doesn't blow me away, it's not worth the calories.

In a way, calorie counting = ultimate indulgence for me... because it means I don't settle for anything less than amazing!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    I have felt full but I have to eat a gigantic pile of food to feel that way. Daily eating I never feel the full or satisfied feeling in my tummy.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    I agree that once I stopped eating processed and highly refined foods it became much easier to know when I am getting full. Now, most of the time, I am quite able to stop when I am satisifed and let the remaining food go to waste instead of to waist. :laugh: :tongue:
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Some days I feel like I could eat all day and all night and not feel full, and other days I struggle to eat all the calories I should. I've noticed it really does depend on the types of foods I eat..... as others have said...... processed foods seem to make me CRAVE more, whereas clean eating tends to fill me up better.
  • Holy cow!! I think I could eat until the end of time and not think I'm "full". Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I've learned that I will eat until I literally can't fit another bite into my body because I LOVE food. For me it's not a matter of being hungry or full (at least not usually), it's a matter of enjoying the food that's around. I learned a couple of years ago (from my 4th grader!) that we should eat until our hunger is satisfied or we feel "comfortably full" not stuffed. It's think it's more of a mindset than a feeling though...

Idk...I'm new to this weight loss thing, so these are just a couple of thoughts I've had! But you are definitely not alone!! Hang in there! You got this!! :smile: