May 2009 Challenge: Week 1

Options

Replies

• csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Csnealey...I'm sorry to hear about your loss...it is never easy to lose a parent, my heart goes out to you! May god bless you and your family during this time (If thats what u believe...I don't mean to offend in todays PC world lol) My sincere condolences! :flowerforyou:

My beginning weight as of May 1st: 184
    My goal by May 31st: 174 (a little unrealistic but oh well *lol* its just an idea)

I took my measurements and well share them with everyone at the end of the challenge.

Yes, I do believe in God and thank you for your concern.
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes of cardio using the Wii. Great workout and lots of fun.:bigsmile:
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    Total cardio this week so far.... Ran 4.5 miles and one P90X plyometrics workout... Friday I'm doing P90X kenpo and that will be all of the cardio for me this week :)
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    WOW! Everyone is really kicking it up! I cannot wait to see our results this week :-) Remember weigh in is on Friday! WOO HOO! Keep up that cardio! :happy:
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I hope everyone is successful in Week One of this challenge. The weather here has been awful....blah. I'm trying not to get lazy, though. Good luck everyone!!!
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bah, damn! I had signed up to do this challenge, but I was also moving into my new place on the 1st. I didn't know that moving would really deter me that much from my plans. I basically couldn't eat well or anything because of work, and the fact that I had no electricity. Haha.

Oh well. I'm going to get back on track now, though!

Current weight: 206.5 lbs
    Goal Weight: 200 lbs
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    40 mins of cardio today :bigsmile:
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I got in my cardio. A 40-minute mix of running/walking. I did double on the couch to 5k plan.

I also just ate what I consider a very healthy meal: tuna steak, half a sweet potato, a baby artichoke and a few asparagus spears. And, it was tastey, too!
  • BerlzE
    BerlzE Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah, love a challenge!

At the end I will list all details but for now....

May 1st starting weight 162 pounds

Goal for May 31st is 150 pounds
    (that is 2.5 pounds a week, I can do it, right?)

I workout 5 days a week at the gym (all 5 days include 60 minutes of cardio)
    Three days a week I add weights to my workout
    Cardio switches between Spinning Class and Elliptical Machines

Good Luck everyone! I will check it every Friday with my new weight!
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Got my cardio today... 30 minutes on the eliptical and 20 minutes on the stationary bike.
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I met my cardio goal for the week! I did 30 minutes of my in-home walking DVD (2miles) three times this week! Yay!!!
  • LoveDollie
    LoveDollie Posts: 23
    Options
    I am happy that Cardio was the challenge this week. I have walked more this week than the last month combined, I think. Sunday was just under 6 miles, Monday and Tuesday were just under 4 miles and today was a whopping 8.6 miles! Gotta love conferences. Oh ya, and just got back from Universal Studios, boy is that a huge place (hence the 8.6 miles!!!)

I think I can, I think I can. 1 more day in Sunny FLA and then on to Michigan.

We can do it!
  • Rottiemama
    Rottiemama Posts: 66
    Options
    OK.....my hubby and I are alone for the first time in 11 yrs ( since my son was born) he has been away for a night here and there but he is gone for 3 days on a school field trip. My hubby and I are playing honeymoon. I went out to dinner and had a french dip and a piece of pie. With my exercise i still met my calories EXACTLY!!! I am shocked!!! I feel great and wasn't gonna feel guilty tonight anyhow since we haven't gone out in forever!!! Someone is watching over me!!!:wink::drinker: :heart: ALRIGHTY then!!!!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I didn't do too well with eating over the weekend. It was my son's birthday, so I went a little overboard. But, I've done great since then and I have done well with my exercising. Two days of boot camp, a day of running/walking for 20 minutes so far...more to come!
  • cryt11
    cryt11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Got to kick up the cardio today!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Yesturday I did an hour and a half of Cardio on the Wii and my arms are sore today but I don't mind it. Its good soreness. :laugh:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Just got done with 6 minutes on the stationary bike, 32 minutes on the elliptical, and 9 min ab workout (Turbojam).

I have already drank 2 cups of water!!

I am also planning on going rollerblading tonight with my fiance.

Keep in mind as the week goes by we still need to stay strong and get our cardio in.

:drinker: J
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did a half hour walk at lunch yesterday and then went home and did the wii fit aerobics for an hour. My HRM watch said I burned almost 1000 calories in all!! Yay. BUT, I somehow gained almost 5 pounds?!? WTH!!!! Oh well, I think I will have a rest day today and pick it back up tomorrow. Have a great day and I'll see you for weigh in tomorrow!!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I missed my run this morning because my Frozen Shoulder was aching and I just couldn't make myself go. This evening I am going to try some High Intensity Interval Training, see more info here:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=621

sample:
    A Sample Progressive HIIT Program
    Please adhere to the general HIIT guidelines above for this program. To maximize fat loss, maintain an intensity level of 60-70% of your maximum heart rate (RPE of 5-6 on the 10-point scale) during warm up, cool down and recovery intervals.

Week Warm up Work Interval Recovery Interval Repeat Cool down Total Workout Time
    1 5 min. 1 min. 4 min. 2 times 5 min. 20 min.

INCREASE INTERVAL TIME EACH WEEK, i think i may actually try week 6 tonight.
  • leshawnturner
    leshawnturner Posts: 382
    Options
    I did yoga and strength training this week. :smile: I did 45 mins of yoga on Tues. and 35 mins of strength training on Wed. I will do 45 min of pilates today. 3 days of workouts more than 30 mins a time is good for me (especially since I've had to get creative since I have to do nonimpact cardio:tongue: )!!! I WILL do even better next week!! :smooched: :bigsmile:

Way to go everyone!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: