Really???

Options
2»

Replies

• valadees
    valadees Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree that once I stopped eating processed and highly refined foods it became much easier to know when I am getting full. Now, most of the time, I am quite able to stop when I am satisifed and let the remaining food go to waste instead of to waist. :laugh: :tongue:

I LOVE it! FuNnY!!!
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    "One time I was having a milk shake; halfway through the cup, I realized I couldn't even taste it anymore, literally. All my mouth could feel was its coldness. So I threw out the remaining half. "

Wow - now that makes me wonder how many pounds I could have saved myself if I just realized I could not taste/enjoy whatever I was eating! Good thought!

This is *so* true. I'm trying to train myself to realize that with all kinds of foods--like chocolate, for instance. Okay, *every* bite is good, but truly, does it all taste as luscious as that first bite or two? No. So a Hershey kiss or square of Dove dark chocolate delivers the satisfaction level of an entire king-sized candy bar (or box of chocolates eaten at one sitting:embarassed: !) If I combine that strategy with the already-mentioned on of eating more slowly so my stomach has a chance to notify my brain that it's full, I lose weight and don't have to deal with that miserably stuffed feeling.