Belly Fat.... How can I lose it :(

Options
So... I had two beautiful babies that left me an awful stomach.. Stretch marks I can live with... buy some bio-oil and tan it. But this stomach fat... I cannot handle anymore. It is why I decided to lose weight and eat healthy people sometimes still ask if I am pregnant? and uh... had my bby girl more then a year ago and my son almost 5 years ago. :mad: :mad: so that isn't very pleasing.... I have lost 2lbs in 15 days.. and I notice it a little, my measurements are different but I feel I will lose my legs and butt before I lose my stomach.. any tips, tricks or advice. I have heard if your a walker, jogger or runner (Which I use to be, and wanna be again) to buy those things you put on around your stomach helps you sweat more... idk !! ADVICE PLEASEEE!!!:cry:

Replies

• jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Articles I have read suggest that most people will lose weight in the belly first -especially if they are losing more fat than muscle. This is also where I usually lose first. To maintain your butt and legs try you could try weight training. I like (or hate) squats, lunges, and walking up hills. Also, verify your protein intake is sufficient.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sorry, double post.
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • J_Lopez
    Options
    Cardio and planks...
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    By losing weight, lots of hard work, eating right and cardio. High intensity work outs and hard ones too. No way to spot reduce it so you'll just have to work hard I'm afraid. I did it, so, so can you!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    So... I had two beautiful babies that left me an awful stomach.. Stretch marks I can live with... buy some bio-oil and tan it. But this stomach fat... I cannot handle anymore. It is why I decided to lose weight and eat healthy people sometimes still ask if I am pregnant? and uh... had my bby girl more then a year ago and my son almost 5 years ago. :mad: :mad: so that isn't very pleasing.... I have lost 2lbs in 15 days.. and I notice it a little, my measurements are different but I feel I will lose my legs and butt before I lose my stomach.. any tips, tricks or advice. I have heard if your a walker, jogger or runner (Which I use to be, and wanna be again) to buy those things you put on around your stomach helps you sweat more... idk !! ADVICE PLEASEEE!!!:cry:

Sweating more makes you lose water, not fat. Just work hard, work to a max effort and work long. I do 2 hours a day now of HARD cardio with lots of resistance/and or speed. But I only needed to do an hour of running a day initally to lose weight... now I do the extra for fitness and training.
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I cut out high fructose corn syrup as much as possible and that is when I really started to lose my belly fat.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit (like MFP sets up for you) and working out. There is no way to spot reduce. :flowerforyou:
  • CLotfy
    CLotfy Posts: 31
    Options
    I had twins 18 months ago and they too destroyed my stomach. I was measuring more then 50weeks in size when I delivered at 8 months. Right now I'm doing a pilates abs workout every evening to try to flatten and tone my stomach. It's 10 minutes long and I definitely feel the burn and see definition afterwards.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You just gotta keep burning fat until that part decides to let go. If you're anything like me, it'll hold on until the bitter end lol.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    The suana belt is only going to make you lose water weight. Great right? No, because as soon as you hydrate again, the weight is back. To shrink fat cells you have tp exercise. Fat is lost where the body tells it to, not where we target. The best thing to do is lower the calorie intake and burn baby burn!! Good luck
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I work out 10-15 of cardio a day. Which includes sit ups, push ups, some videos from youtube and a little kick boxing because I actually love it. I switch it up I know I need to do more then that so I also walk on my lunches. I just, my thing is jogging and running I love it and 2 years ago started doing it and lost about 10lbs but then I got pregnant again and that died... As soon as it gets lighter out in the evenings after work I will go jogging. Just in my neighborhood you don't wanna night run...
  • jimmyfoxca
    Options
    I feel that people will always have problem areas (genetics?) For instance, if I lose anymore weight I will look ill ( am tall). However, I still have small love handles. I feel that I can make them appear as though they have gone away by building a bigger back and mid torso above the love handles. Just a thought.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Abs (bellies) are made in the kitchen. 80% diet, 20% exercise. Clean up your diet, eliminate processed foods, maintain a reasonable calorie deficit and exercise. You first need to lose the fat that's covering your ab muscles. Fastest way is clean diet and cardio exercises.

Once I lost most of my fat, this exercise really helped to change the look of my midsection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6q7k_D6DGQ&list=PL4CE51ED9E54AA7C3&index=2&feature=plpp_video
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Best way to lose belly fat is to burn fat, which is done by cardio. The sit-ups, push-ups, etc. aren't really helping you burn the calories. If you can't do both, concentrate mainly on cardio, and then throw in a few strength days a week, after all, it is muscle that burns fat, so you don't want to cut it completely.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Best way to lose belly fat is to burn fat, which is done by cardio...concentrate mainly on cardio, and then throw in a few strength days a week, after all, it is muscle that burns fat, so you don't want to cut it completely.

Not to nitpick, but this isn't necessarily true. There is just as much evidence that strength training exclusively is an effective fat burning method. The important parts are 1. Diet and 2. Exercise *of some kind* to keep muscles forming instead of catabolizing along with the fat burn. And since muscle cells require more calories to maintain, strength training has a bit of a built-in double whammy in terms of reducing fat because it forces your body to consume more calories simply to exist.