healthy breakfast options

Options
I"m at a loss for what to eat for breakfast, been eating oatmeal bars but my friend told me those aren't really healthy. today i had owens breakfast tacos (2 tacos is one serving size and they were gross) i've done granola bars and such

but what are some breakfast items you have that are healthy, easy to make, and not costly

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Eggs or steel cut oats with fruit. Ya know.., If it's important to you, you will find the time to make a healthy breakfast. Best of luck!
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have like 3 breakfast meals that I tend to go inbetween just so I won't get bored eating the same thing... my diary is shared but I'll give you some ideas here :)

1) oatmeal
    *I buy the quaker weight box of single serve packets... I change up the flavor each time I buy a box
    *I add a cut up apple and a small amount of craisens and ENJOY

2) white omelet brkfst sammich
    *egg white omelete (make this and add as much veggies as you can stand and then a sprinkle of fat free cheese)
    *low cal wheat english muffin
    *put the two together w/some ketchup and hotsauce and you got a yummy sammich!

3) fast and easy cereal
    *I love ANY variety of Kellogs Special K cereals... I have some of this and usually mix in some fiber one cereal and a cut up banana! filling fast and simple... oh yeah! and I use almond milk most of the time in place of the 1%
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    I vary my breakfasts so I don't get to bored.
    Special k oats and honey is lovely and 114 cals without milk. Weight watchers toast with st dal four sugar free apricot jam spread on it that's 15 cals per table spoon. Alpine double chocolate cereal bar which is so moreish and 70 cals I sometimes break it up and have it with a weight watchers vanilla yoghurt. Oats with raisins are nice, xx
  • PinkSouljah
    Options
    Have your tried whole grain teff? Its a nice alternative to oatmeal, its my new favorite breakfast.
  • samatalma
    Options
    Today I made 3 eggs whites with 1/3 cup of shredded mozerella cheese and 2 slices of turkey bacon on wheat bread. It was really good, and only around 300 cals. I thought it was a pretty decent breakfast and really filled me up, which says something because I have a hard time finding a breakfast that actually fills me up.
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wsitch my breakfast around, some days weetbix other days whole meal toast,,,somes days a smoothie. I dont want to get into a rut!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Cereal...
    -Any flavor Cheerios, Special K, Honey Bunches of Oats
    -Light Silk original soy milk
    -Banana on the side

Oatmeal...
    -Oatmeal packet
    -1-2 tbsp natural PB
    -1 banana chopped on top

BF Tacos...
    -3 egg whites or 3 eggs
    -2 strips turkey bacon
    -2 wheat/corn tortillas
    -Banana on the side

:)

Also check out skinnytaste.com
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    what do you have for lunch, dinner, and snacks? i was never much of a breakfast person but i like coffee with milk, banana, and an energy bar. string cheese and apple if i'm reallyhungry.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My top 3:

1. Oatmeal with cinnamon, fresh apples and a tablespoon of peanut butter
    2. An everything bagel thin with fat free cream cheese, fresh raspberries or strawberries, a couple of slices of deli turkey and baby spinach.
    3. Vanilla greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin, a tablespoon of chopped pecans, cinnamon and a teeny drizzle of honey.
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    I like to do a little bit of plain Greek yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit added and a little bit of honey for added sweetness if needed. Or carnation instant breakfast (low sugar). Instant oatmeal is also pretty good, I usually go for the fruit variety as they have less calories than the spice kind. Sometimes I will make a breakfast sandwich at home, make an egg (poached, fried or scrambled) whole wheat English muffin, Swiss cheese and one slice of Canadian bacon (you can add hot sauce if you like too).
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    whole grain oatmeal with yogurt, and/or splenda, fruit, whole grain toast with I can't believe it's not butter spray, fiber one cereals, omelets, eggs, turkey bacon
  • Justforthebacon
    Justforthebacon Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Depends on what type of diet you are on and what you consider "healthy". I'm doing Keto and LOVING it. I have bacon and eggs everyday. Yummy!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just experiment until you find what works for you. Here are a few of the things I have.

1) One whole eggs, 1/4 c of egg whites with 2 Fresco Chicken Apple maple sausage

2) Irish Steel cut oatmeal (cook a batch on Sundays) then add a little water warm it up for a minute in the microwave.
    Then stir in 1/4 cup of egg white add cinnamon with Agave Syrup Or ripened banana(no additional sweetner needed)

3) Low fat Chobani yogurt with a cup of Original Kashi go lean Cereal. Keep you full all morning. But Can't have it too often because I am lactose intolerant but it's so yummy.

4) 2 Whole eggs and 1 slice of Multgrain toast with a tbsp of butter. This one is not very filling. Unless I add veggies to it i.e mushroom, peppers, onions and tomatoes.

5) Nugo carott(Not sure why but always have trouble spelling that word) cake bar. It's gluten soy and diary free and is very filling. And an apple with a tbsp of Peanut butter.

6) Sometimes if I'm really hungry I eat left over dinner for breakfast and then eat light the rest of the day. When I do that I have to remind myself to eat during the day because I don't feel hungry at all.

Hey I can eat anything for breakfast. Good luck.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    thanks yall for all the ideas :)

I'm just cutting back on my calories no specific diet.

I'll try some of those, they sound good :)