Always FREEZING

Options
I used to always be hot... uncomfortable hot... but since losing weight I am ALWAYS cold. It's mostly my hands and feet and my nose... It could usually be blamed on the winter, but I have been kown recently to wear tights, socks, crocks or sneakers, yoga pants, a tank top under a t-shirt with a long sleeved T and a hoodie... sometimes more... even during the summer I was uncomfortable in less than capris and T-shirt -usually a light weight hoodie / sweater too. I'm not sure if I'm dying (jk) or if this is normal after / during weight loss. I'm okay while exercising, but I generally wear a hoody or long sleeved top while I warm up for my Zumba or walk on the treadmill. Anybody have any thoughts? Will it ever go away?

Replies

• sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am the same way since losing, hmmm you could be on to something. I'm curious to what others have to say as well.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was always hot, now I can't seem to warm up.
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    same here...im almost always cold...
  • BrokenPerfection94
    Options
    I'm always freezing as well! My mom always said it was because i was too thin, but ive gained weight (out of anorexia recovery) and i'm normal weight and always freezing! It's so weird! Does your face or hands ever heat up too like a freakishly hot temperature? Mine do like maybe once a week, its like my body cant fine a happy place!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I know this issue - all the fat functions as insulation like blubber on a whale...lol

I could go outside and shovel snow in shorts before the weight loss, but now I've noticed mother Earth has either cooled or my lost lard depressed my tolerance for the cold.

Still, I am glad to rid of it.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    same here, hands always freezing!
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was never cold before, now I'm always cold.
    I have to man-up!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Me too... I just wrap up more and wear gloves! You have less blubber now like me to keep you warm!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Will it ever go away I'm not sure. Might want to check your iron I've always heard also.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I really feel the cold and am always the first in my office to grab a jacket - indoors. But it seems I am reaching menopause cos suddenly I am ripping said jacket off and looking for the air conditioner controls!
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't wear more clothes and I have to be honest here... I didn't mention that sometimes I wear a lighter hoodie over my uniform these days and under my thicker one! Oh oh oh -NSV!!! Just realized that I can wear all those clothes at once because they're all too big! :laugh:
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Could be the loss of insulation :wink: Could also be something to get checked out. I can tell when my thyroid is getting out of whack because I freeze all the time (granted it is hoodie and leather jacket in august type of freezing, but still...)
  • melbellkid
    Options
    yes I experienced the same thing. When I lost 80 lbs I was always freezing...like live in fleece and my snuggie cold all the time...hoodies in summer. I gained back some of that and guess what....warmth returned...Im back to losing now, so I guess I better bust out the fleece again :)
  • mysteria_
    mysteria_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm ALWAYS freezing!! even just being in an air-conditioned building gives me goosebumps, sometimes it gets so bad my teeth chatter!! I've always been like that though...
  • irishmindi78
    Options
    I suggest you have your thyroid checked... Thyroid disease can make you hot and cold...
  • Photomandy
    Photomandy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Same here. Better for hubby, as I don't have to politely ask him to scoot over at bed time. :) And when I DO have an indulgent night, I am warm again!
  • irishmindi78
    Options
    check your thyroid... simple blood test..
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Last time I got under 200#, I remember being cool or cold all the time. I wore a lot of sweaters, and started using pajamas. I live in Las Vegas now, so I might be in luck this summer!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Hahaha - we have lost our insultation!! I never knew what cold was - I was always the first to start taking layers off - now I am one of the first to start layering....

After dying half the winter I invested in some good quality merino wool tops, gloves, hats and socks - merino is now my new best friend!! And layers - I ALWAYS have a cardigan and a scarf in my bag now - even in summer
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 150 lbs and I freeze all the time. I used to be hot but that was back during pregnancy. Right now it is about 70 in my house and I am freezing. I miss summer!