Healthy Christmas Treats?

Options
Eve53
Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
Hi guys! My church is having a Christmas gathering on Sunday, and I need to make something to bring. It's going to be mostly baked goods and the like, and I thought that I should bring some kind of Healthy alternative since I have no doubt that everything else will be chocolately sugar temptation! Also, I'm working on a fairly tight budget... So any recipe suggestions?

Replies

• Chrisborro
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has awesome ideas that i will be using this christmas
  • sandibeach48
    Options
    I have found an amazing treat called chocolate delight.

1 cup cocoa
    1 cup coconut oil
    6-8 packs stevia

So melt the coconut oil in the microwave ( does not take long) , add cocoa powder and mix well then add your stevia packs ( i would add to taste in case you like it less sweet.
    Now you can pour into ice cube trays or muffin tins. Place in fridge until they harden, now they do melt in your hands but they are so yummy and a nice chocolate treat
  • easilychanged
    easilychanged Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you asking for a healthier baked good? If so, here's my two faves...

#1. Buy the lowest calorie/lowest fat box of brownie mix you can get for your buck then add 15 ounce can of pure pumpkin then bake per directions on the box minus five minutes. The are really gooey and good. No cholesterol or fat from oil and eggs, plue you're getting more fiber! ( I took this from HungryGirl website, if you don't know her she may be your new best friend)

#2. For sugar cookies, instead of icing try this; use egg whites, vanilla extract, and food coloring, then just use simple paint brushes to decorate! Google this one for more details!
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What about sugar free jello with fruit in it.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My mum makes the best tabbouleh. Christmas in Australia involves a lot of salad, so eating healthy on Christmas Day is possible for me.
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    They are only having desserts and snacks at the church thing though, it's not like a dinner. :/