If you miss Mac & Cheese...

Options
iRun4wine
iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
Just found one of the single serving of Velveeta shells and cheese at the grocery store. It's made with 2% milk cheese so it has half the fat of regular Velveeta. It's the one where you just pull back the cover, add water, and pop it in the microwave. The whole container has 180 calories and 3 grams of fat. However, like any foods like this, the sodium level is higher than I'd like.

Give it a try, it's a good treat :happy:

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just found one of the single serving of Velveeta shells and cheese at the grocery store. It's made with 2% milk cheese so it has half the fat of regular Velveeta. It's the one where you just pull back the cover, add water, and pop it in the microwave. The whole container has 180 calories and 3 grams of fat. However, like any foods like this, the sodium level is higher than I'd like.

Give it a try, it's a good treat :happy:
  • mel_istheshit
    mel_istheshit Posts: 102
    Options
    I really like Annie's Homegown (or something like that) shells and white cheddar. They also have a regular mac and cheese that's good and a few other selections that I haven't tried. You can find in the organic section of the grocery and it's SO good! The best part is when you look at the ingredients on the side of the box you can pretty much recognize everything!
  • aos213
    aos213 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also try Lean Cuisine Mac and Cheese! I like to season it up a bit too with garlic powder and pepper... It's also pretty good mixed with ground chicken or ground lean turkey for a quick meal!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! :flowerforyou: