Recommended Exercise DVD's?

Options
Hi all!

When I started MFP, I had 25 pounds to lose. I'm now down 18, and only have 7 more to go. (Seems totally unreal that I made it that far already!) I promised myself that when I was 5 pounds away from my goal, that I would switch up my exercise routine... Put more emphasis on toning and let the cardio take a bit of a back seat for a bit.

Hopefully, within a week or two, I'll be there. So I'm looking for exercise DVD's that have shorter routines (20-30 minutes) that you might recommend? I'm just curious about what people have used, liked and felt was successful for them.

Thanks for the help!

Judith

Replies

• TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of ripped in 30 by Jillian michaels... She does circuit training 3 min strength 2 min cardio 1 min of abs for 20 min
  • beatlegirl1
    Options
    I love doing Zumba. Years ago, I use to do Tae Bo with Billy Blanks as well.
  • liza27201424
    Options
    kathy smith!
    they are so cheap, i got two for like 10$$
    and the workout is really great, there are a variety of different ones too
  • DawnDawn2011
    Options
    Zumba is fantastic! Tae bo with Billy Blanks is great too.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Oh I used to be a tae bo junkie and The Firm is great for toning...especially the lower half! You could slowly try out the p90x series because they are really focused on toning and getting ripped. Congratulations on the 18 lbs Judith! Only 7 more to go,yay! :)
  • zontuin
    zontuin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of you! I'd check out your suggestions and pick some up! Much appreciated!
  • zontuin
    Options
    Thanks Laura!
  • jillyo89
    Options
    The Denise Austin yoga DVD's are pretty cheap and they work really well. I used to do the video all the time and I got really flexible and had better breathing.
  • dkueter94
    Options
    Jillian's 30 Day Shred is FABULOUS!!!! Its only like 27 minutes. I've heard her Ripped in 30 is great (bought it but haven't started it yet). Doing Turbo Jam now and its pretty good. Waiting to see what the results will be like in a couple weeks. But there is a 20 minute workout I do on there plus a Burn workout for 17 making it 37 minutes. Good music!
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I really like Self Bikini Ready Fast. It's 30 minutes including the warm up & cool down - I use 5lb weights with it & it doesn't feel to difficult but you start seeing results quickly & it really works well on thighs, abs, & chicken arms:)
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would get any of Leslie Sansone's dvd's and do them. You can find them at the library or Target, Walmart, etc. I like Leslie as she has a bubbly personality and she keeps you going, even when you feel like you want to quit : :wink:

I bought her dvd set "Walk Away The Pounds" which has 1, 2 and 3 mile walks on ebay.

Also, if you have cable tv - they have on demand an exercise channel - you can find some of Leslie's workouts on there as well as a lot of others like Jillian Michaels that you can use.....
  • Xxlovinlife2012Xx
    Options
    I am using Jackie Warner's Power Circuit. It's a full body workout that covers every muscle group. You can choose to do upper body and lower body on separate days (15 min. workouts) or if you have extra time the full body is 40 min. I love it because it keeps my heart rate up. You do 1 minute of each workout per muscle group (total of 3 different workouts) than finish with a power burn where you combine all three workouts and do them all in a minute. Great Workout!!
  • lovelee79
    Options
    Jillian Michaels '30 Day Shred' is awesome ! I do it all the time.
    DVD has 3 levels. (1, 2 & 3)
    20 minute intense workout = 3 Intervals of: 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs, (2 min warm up, and 2 min cool down.)
    When I don't have time to go to the gym or its too cold to workout outside then I do this DVD.
    I did it today and I was drenched in sweat. I had my HRM on and I burned a huge amount of calories in a short time!! :)
  • lsminkey
    Options
    If you are looking for free videos, Fit for Duty video podcasts are available on iTunes. I'm not in the military, but the videos are really great and engaging. I especially like the kickboxing, interval training, and calisthenics videos.

One of the main pluses for me is that the trainers are motivating without being campy or cheesy. It's also not full of super fit, skinny women who come off as super fake while they exercise.
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    Turbo Jam: Fat Blaster
    Winsor Pilates: Buns and Thighs
    Squeeze: Lower Body Challenge
  • zontuin
    Options
    So many great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing your favorites, everyone! :)
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam~love it!
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I am only two days in to Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred, but I am in love. I am so sore, so I know I am getting a kick butt workout, and it's only 20 minutes. I add a little more cardio after or earlier in the day, but it seems like it's going to be a great toning workout! I bought it for less than $10 on amazon, including shipping.