Confessions...

Options
what got you to your highest weight ever???
I had been heavy (210s-220s) all thru my 20s and into my 30s.
Kid number one brought me to 260s but he didn't make me stay there a year after I delivered him...crap eating did.
My sneaky eating of burger king sausage croissandwiches and hash browns, mcdonalds fries & Miami subs mozzarella cheese sticks did. I would get this crap in my car and throw away the bags so no one knew i was eating that crap. I would try so hard to not drive thru sometimes even putting my purse in the trunk so I didn't have money available. Most times I'd pull over to get the money anyway. Just thinking about it now makes me sad and I never want to go back to that place again.

So with that confession I'm going to confess that tonight on my way to spin class, I stopped and got mozzarella sticks for the first time in like 3 yrs and i feel yucky. I will NOT be doing that again. I can not eat like that anymore.

Thanks for reading my confession. Please share your stories. Being truthful about how we got here and why we want to change makes the journey more meaningful, in my opinion.

Replies

• tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That is quite a confession:blushing: I got this way by having BABIES!! Grr..... but have stayed this way through laziness! I have pretty much weaned myself off of anything that comes in a bag or is given to me through a window. Isn't it interesting how your body can't take some food after not having it for some time. I use to LOVE sonic and now I can't drive pass one without getting queasy!
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My heightest weight was 183lbs. I will never admit that to to my hubby or family. I got here because of stress and lack of self control. My husband was in the military and it's no suprise that being a military wives can make you rip your hair out at times. I coped with that stress by eating. It also doesn't help that my husband is a HUGE junk food fan and loves to eat out. He also gained weight along with me. We really enable each other.

December 1st of this year I realized I was too young to be over weight and out of shape. I've been eating healthy and walking every day since then :bigsmile: So far so good.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 306lbs. I was around 210lbs in high school and gained an extra 65lbs due to the lovely medication called prednisone (sp?). After high school I started exercising hardcore and dropped 75lbs in approx. a month and a half. I kept it off for awhile then over the last 7 - 8 years I've let myself become lazy and gained it back. Since February I have lost almost 60lbs and am still focusing on losing more.

My confession? I have a HUGE weakness for cookies. Last week, I ate so many it made me sick.... Blah, gotta focus and stay away from em.............
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My highest is what I was 3 weeks ago, 200 pounds. What got me there was having a boyfriend/fiance/(then finally!)husband who is an excellent cook and so wonderful but isn't mindful of portions. Then I'd feel guilty for wasting, yada yada. It's not just him, he's not even the problem and I don't blame him at all!! It was all me and me being lazy! And eating anything I pleased and thinking nothing would happen! I also eat when I'm depressed and my dad died last year. So I packed on about 30 pounds after that.

I'm doing okay so far, I've lost 5 pounds. But holy crap would I KILL for a Cinnabon!
  • teresathechampion
    Options
    My highest weight was 169, I got that way by having poor self esteem & being best friends with an obese person. We'd always be going out to eat nasty food and it crept up on me. I started only being able to wear sweatshirts but I couldn't ignore hearing people talk about me; that was heart breaking. I finally stepped on the scale and drew the line. I got a personal trainer and got fit-ish in the summer. He was a psycho though, I was constantly running to puke after our sessions & collapsing on the floor. The last straw was when I couldn't use my arms for 3 weeks straight; I was afriad and never went back. I started running 5 miles in the morning with the thought that I earned the right to eat anything I wanted during the day. That just kept me in a mediocre, unconfident state. I know now that 70% of the battle is fought in the kitchen. I'm staying tough with diet and excersize now & what do you know, results! My pants aren't fitting, I've run out of belt loops and I'm getting compliments. When I'm feeling down I try to remember workouts bring endorphins and clarity. Today's actually a rough day so I'll finish fueling up with this oatmeal and kick some *kitten*!