Tremendous Top-Shelf Turkey Burger

Options
HealthierMamasita
HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
topshelfturkeyburger1_sml_2.jpg

PER SERVING (1 patty): 184 calories, 6.5g fat, 502mg sodium, 12g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 20.5g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Yeah, yeah, we know the best burgers aren't actually stored on a shelf above all the lesser meat patties. But you get the point. This burger is LARGE and IN CHARGE...

Ingredients:
3 oz. raw lean ground turkey
1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
One-half slice light white bread (40 - 45 calories per slice with at least 2g fiber)
3 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1/2 tbsp. Dijonnaise
1/2 tbsp. ketchup
1/4 tsp. crushed garlic
dash salt

Directions:
Place the half-slice of bread in a blender or food processor, and pulse until you have soft, fluffy breadcrumbs.

In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs with all other ingredients and knead by hand until integrated. Form into a nice, big patty about 3/4 of an inch thick.

Bring a pan misted with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. (Use a grill pan if you've got it.) Place patty in the pan, cover, and cook for 5 - 7 minutes. Very carefully flip the patty, re-cover the pan, and cook for another 5 - 7 minutes, until patty is cooked through. Serve on a plate, on a bun, over lettuce... whatever!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Replies

• HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    topshelfturkeyburger1_sml_2.jpg

PER SERVING (1 patty): 184 calories, 6.5g fat, 502mg sodium, 12g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 20.5g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Yeah, yeah, we know the best burgers aren't actually stored on a shelf above all the lesser meat patties. But you get the point. This burger is LARGE and IN CHARGE...

Ingredients:
    3 oz. raw lean ground turkey
    1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
    One-half slice light white bread (40 - 45 calories per slice with at least 2g fiber)
    3 tbsp. finely chopped onion
    1 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1/2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
    1/2 tbsp. Dijonnaise
    1/2 tbsp. ketchup
    1/4 tsp. crushed garlic
    dash salt

Directions:
    Place the half-slice of bread in a blender or food processor, and pulse until you have soft, fluffy breadcrumbs.

In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs with all other ingredients and knead by hand until integrated. Form into a nice, big patty about 3/4 of an inch thick.

Bring a pan misted with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. (Use a grill pan if you've got it.) Place patty in the pan, cover, and cook for 5 - 7 minutes. Very carefully flip the patty, re-cover the pan, and cook for another 5 - 7 minutes, until patty is cooked through. Serve on a plate, on a bun, over lettuce... whatever!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • heygirl1954
    heygirl1954 Posts: 92
    Options
    I myself have switched to turkey burger, it is great.. I basically do what your recipe is but I add onion, zuccinni, and mushrooms and grill ,my boyfriend likes better than beef
  • Mercede
    Mercede Posts: 21
    Options
    Sounds good. I will have to try it. I use 99% lean turkey to make tacos and my husband and I like it better than beef.