I have had around a week of bad eating?

Options
I don't know why, the last week I've been eating sweets and rubbish.
It may be because I'm skipping breakfast, that causes me to snack later in the day?

Although I've been eating cr*p, the scales say i've lost (only a bit)

Replies

• Swaggerr
    Options
    EDIT: However, even though the scales say I've lost, I feel a lot fattier and bigger than a week ago?

I've also not been drinking as much water as before?
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Dont skip breakfast!!!! If you want your body to burn fuel efficently you must feed it. You are probably feeling sluggish because of the crap youve been eating. Get back on track, you can do it.
  • mmrkar
    mmrkar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. There are so many temptations around this time of year. Once I get a taste of the sugar, I can't stop. I really need to focus and get back on track!! It makes me feel sluggish and in turn feel guilty for over indulging.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    december is so hard!!! i am doing the same things!! except unluckily for me, my scales are not showing loss :(
  • tsegears
    Options
    I have to agree with ALH1981, December is a very hard month to stay focused and lose weight. I just been on this journey for a few weeks and I knew there would be challenges, but I wanted to have an exercise program and weight lost program in place going into the new year. Just continue exercising and continue tracking. You will begin to see where you can cut back on something. But, don't let it get you down.

13107194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mrsdouglas1
    mrsdouglas1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have had days like that, you just got to take the next day and make it better. Dont beat yourself up for it becasue whats done is done you just have to ackowledge it make it right by doing what your suppose to do on your next choice and you just keep pushing forward. I had two days worth of eating like crap and not calorie count OR put in a workout. I felt like crap and I made the mistake of jumping on the scale which made me go into depression mode becasue the scale was not good to me. LOL, but I made it a point to do better today and I have and I will contiue on and you should to. :wink: Its too much hard work that I have put in to give up to go backwards you know? So take it day by day make a better choice and keep going! Good Luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I find that if I don't have a good breakfast I am more likely to snack during the day. I think a good breakfast (and lunch) leave me feeling full enough that I don't get so tempted to snack.
    We're all different and I think it takes a bit of experimenting to work out what is best for your body.
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The next couple of week are gonna be tough!! We can do this try to stay focused. I feel the same way but we want to roar into the new year with our game faces on. If you want to eat it have it but only in moderation that's what I do not all the time but when the temptations are there and I always
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    this week has been hard for me too - definitely agree with above that we need to stay focused!!
  • Spearo
    Spearo Posts: 47
    Options
    Dont skip breakfast!!!! If you want your body to burn fuel efficently you must feed it.

Wrong. Just rehashing common beliefs is not helpful. Every obese person I know eats 5-6 meals a day, eats fat-free foods, drinks diet coke, and drinks gallons of water, and never loses weight.

You've probably lost weight BECAUSE of skipping breakfast despite eating badly.
    Research it, look at real research and actual experience of people who fast.
    Tell Herschel Walker or Martin Berkhan and 1000's of other lean people they need to eat breakfast.

Cheers and dont beat yourself up too much ;)
    E