American Idol week of 5/5/09

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Based on last night's performances, Danny should be eliminated.
    But my fear,as I dialed the numbers for Kris, with limited busy signals, is that
    Kris may go home. Which really sucks if he does!

I'm guessing most votes are via text.

I have verizon so I have to phone my votes for Allison in. :smile:

I like Allison myself. She's cute and got a fantastic voice, imo.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Kris is safe!!!!!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I can't believe Allison is going home! :huh: I am really mad :angry:
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I hope she still puts out an album!
  • shutterbug4674
    Options

She will, she is very, very talented.
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    OH MAN!!! I forgot that some of you are in a
    different time zone! We've been eagerly waiting
    for the show to start and read your posts.
    LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh well, we'll watch it anyhow. :smile:

Our vote is & has been for Danny all the way!!!
    Go Gokey! :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • shutterbug4674
    Options

Sorry....I forgot about that.
    It's funny, Idol is live from the west coast and airs first in the east coast. Then the taped version
    is aired 3 hours later on the west coast. We'll try not to spoil who wins for you west coasters. :happy:
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

Sorry....I forgot about that.
    It's funny, Idol is live from the west coast and airs first in the east coast. Then the taped version
    is aired 3 hours later on the west coast. We'll try not to spoil who wins for you west coasters. :happy:

No worries! My fault entirely. :laugh:

It was a "blonde moment" :blushing:
    Those happen a few times a week ...
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to watch last night.....but heard the results. I was shocked!!!! I just knew it was one of the cutie-pies going home (Danny/Kris)

It's down to a point where it really doesn't matter how you sing, it's how large your fan base is.

I know Adam's gonna win.....I'm not the biggest fan, but he's just THAT good. He's in a class all his own, no one can TOUCH his abilities.

What was your opinion of Paula's "comeback" My 19 yr old cousin who told me the results last night said it was a horror show. I tried telliing him how good Paula was back in the day...I mean come on...who didn't love "Straight Up" or "Cold Hearted Snake"?????????????
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Well, It wasn't a total shock for me
    Danny got the sympathy votes, Kris the cutie votes and Adam....no explanation needed
    No is sort of makes sense....

I'm sure she will do fine after Idol
    Kim
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm excited that Danny's coming home. It's just fun to see all the whoopla. There's a parade, free concert, and he's singing the national anthem at the Brewer game. How fun!
  • mello
    Options
    I'm excited that Danny's coming home. It's just fun to see all the whoopla. There's a parade, free concert, and he's singing the national anthem at the Brewer game. How fun!

Off topic, but I try my hand at growing daylillies and I loooove your AV!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    What was your opinion of Paula's "comeback" My 19 yr old cousin who told me the results last night said it was a horror show. I tried telliing him how good Paula was back in the day...I mean come on...who didn't love "Straight Up" or "Cold Hearted Snake"?????????????

She was lip-syncing. :angry: It was miserable. The cameras wouldn't pan in on her face because every time they tried, you could SEE she wasn't SINGING the words to the song. :angry: I hate lip syncing. I'd rather see you come out and butcher your own song, like Gwen Stefani (No Doubt). :angry: At least Gwen performed live, even if she sounded like a strung out crack addict. :angry:

I'm so sad about Allison. I thought she was amazing. I do not like Adam Lambert. He will win though.
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Thanks! It spoke to me when I saw it - I thought it was beautiful. Hope your flowers turn out. I have a black thumb :smile:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

She was lip-syncing. :angry: It was miserable. The cameras wouldn't pan in on her face because every time they tried, you could SEE she wasn't SINGING the words to the song. :angry: I hate lip syncing. I'd rather see you come out and butcher your own song, like Gwen Stefani (No Doubt). :angry: At least Gwen performed live, even if she sounded like a strung out crack addict. :angry:

I'm so sad about Allison. I thought she was amazing. I do not like Adam Lambert. He will win though.

Agreed about Paula!...I couldn't believe it!... I mean, she didn't even make it look believable!
  • jenszoo
    jenszoo Posts: 19
    Options

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Don't forget as Ryan pointed out Chris Daughtry got sent home this week in his season and look how GREAT he has done!! Sometimes being the winner isn't the best outcome...
  • mello
    Options

Thanks! It spoke to me when I saw it - I thought it was beautiful. Hope your flowers turn out. I have a black thumb :smile:

Miracle Grow is my friend:blushing: It makes me look like i can grow things better than I can!!!
  • mello
    Options
    Wow, so Paula was that bad I guess. I did see a small replay on the news just a few mins ago and it looks like she was trying to be a Britany Spears wanna-be.:noway:

I think they will all have careers at this point, I mean look at some of the past Idols who were voted off even earlier than Allison: Josh Gracin, Elliott Yamin, Kelly Pickler, there are alot more but I can't recall them right now but they are all doing just fine in their genre of music.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Wow, so Paula was that bad I guess. I did see a small replay on the news just a few mins ago and it looks like she was trying to be a Britany Spears wanna-be.:noway:

I think they will all have careers at this point, I mean look at some of the past Idols who were voted off even earlier than Allison: Josh Gracin, Elliott Yamin, Kelly Pickler, there are alot more but I can't recall them right now but they are all doing just fine in their genre of music.

Jennifer Hudson!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I was thinking she was trying to be Madonna.
    But she pulled an Ashlee Simpson, just didn't get caught :wink: