I cried at the gym yesterday

Options
nz_deevaa
nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
... and not because my trainer was killing me.

But because I missed my weight loss target by 800gms (about 1.5lbs).

I had hoped to have lost 20kgs (44lbs) before I fly out to New Zealand for my Christmas holidays. I knew I'd be close, so I hadn't weighed myself in 3wks.

I'm really disappointed, but everyone keeps telling me that 19.2kgs is an amazing effort (but not even my half way point.)

I know it's a victory, but still... I'd like to have hit the target. My trainer says I should weigh in again the day before I fly out (in 2 days), he still thinks I can make it.

Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    thats nothing to cry about.... cry if you get hit by a car and are paralyzed for the rest of your life.. yep then cry.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can definitely make it! Look at the weight you have lost and be proud of that! You will lose that little bit with no problem.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Drink loads of water in the next couple days! I alreays find that when I'm trying to reach a mark, guzzling water in the few days before weigh in really helps! GOOD LUCK! I know you can make it!:drinker:
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doing great!! That's an awesome effort !!

I agree with your trainer, keep doing what you've been doing & weigh before you go!

Good Luck !!
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! You have done SO great & you should be proud of what you've done so far! I've been upset, too when not hitting a goal but being super close to it, but really, look back & just know you've accomplished a lot already. Keep it up!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You should be crying tears of joy my dear! What an accomplishment! I bet you will hit the 20kg mark before you leave. Good luck. :)
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Meh, just weigh after a poo!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I don't set specific date goals. It's soooo disappointing if you miss it, especially by such a small amount.

You have done an amazing job, please be proud of that :):flowerforyou:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    thats nothing to cry about.... cry if you get hit by a car and are paralyzed for the rest of your life.. yep then cry.

Rude much?

OP you still did great! Look at what you have lost and be proud :]
  • shaleena72
    shaleena72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all to sneeze at well done don't beat yourself up :-):smile:
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

(Sunshine, you are my hero.)

Lets see if can do this...

Before:

I lost 8kgs before we got married two years ago:

6515267719_531ef84844.jpg

I then put back on that 8kgs plus another 14kgs:

168646_501188782010_744687010_6289970_3264416_n.jpg

After:

6515267545_c02772481e.jpg
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats on your success thus far :)
  • kamhap2003
    Options
    I'd cry too. I cry easily when frustrated. I agree with your trainer, I think you can do it! Drink lots of water (it actually helps shed off excess water weight). Keeping fingers crossed for you and sending positive energy your way.
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    OK everyone was right.

I re-weighed myself with my trainer this morning, and I have offically lost 20.2kgs (in 7mths).

We fly out tomorrow morning.

Feeling much better now. :)
  • finabella
    Options
    Don't look at what you haven't gotten to look at what you have acchieved! You should be very proud of yourself. I have just seen your last post that you got over the 20kg mark, see nothing to worry about you even lost more then you wanted.
    Have a fantastic holiday :)
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    OK everyone was right.

I re-weighed myself with my trainer this morning, and I have offically lost 20.2kgs (in 7mths).

Was the poo aye? ;-) Have a good trip home, despite our weather!
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    OK everyone was right.

Woohoo! Well done, and from your photos I must say you are looking great :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    You reached for the stars but hit the moon. Take pride. Most people don't even leave the ground.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kylexii
    Options
    Meh, just weigh after a poo!

hahah! made my day <3

& to the OP, congratulations on your weight loss! don't let the scale bring you down, you've done amazing work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!