eating does not equal fun.....a rant !!!

Options
i have a hard time understanding why i associate eating with fun I guess it has something to do with the fact every event in america is celebrated by gathering around a mass amount of food... anywhere for that matter.. Why i keep doing this to myself i cant keep losing the same 30lbs over and over. i feel deprive when i see others just eat what they want with no worries but i have to calculate every crumb it makes me so upset.. my husband ate a 800 calorie muffin from dunkin dounuts and all i could eat was 1 munchkin the name should tell you all you need to know about that.. a .20 cent munchkin.. he dont fully understand the battles of should i eat this or that i have in my mind every day.. it sucks... im trying ... im trying but it gets hard sumtime this is just a little rant so excuse me... and
p.s im not a english major failed it twice so excuse my spelling i blame it own my west indian family lol

Replies

• LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    For me, personally (and I think it will differ person to person), the trick is to NOT deprive myself. Do I go all out and eat a whole pizza? No. But for starters, I let myself have a little of this or that if I REALLY want it. The other day my older cousin bought everyone donuts. I didn't want a whole one but I let myself have a 1/4 piece. It satisfied that little craving I had and was my treat for the day. Then I have certain days where I don't count calories. These are special occasions though, like my husband's and my one year anniversary! :>
    Another point is once you get into the swing of new eating habits (don't diet! Dieting is temporary, right? Right! This thought helps me a lot!), you'll find a lot of your old cravings go away but it's hard the first few weeks!!
    Just keep with it and having friends around to cheer you on is also a great motivator! That's half the reason I'm getting more involved here and on my blog!
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I feel like that sometimes also. Counting every crumb. I am grateful for my fitness pal, so I can actually see all those crumbs add up to a whole days calories.

Hang in there! I have been trying to find some friends nearby to do active activities with like walks and jogs.
  • anniiiilicious
    Options
    If I were you, I'd grab your hubby's food and step on it. Then he can suffer with you, and you'll both be healthier!! :D
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am a school teacher and EVERY event is associated with food in one way or another. I can relate.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Not true. Think of a wedding. There's dancing and alcohol too !!