Daily net calorie goal?

Options
Will my Daily net calorie goal change as my weight drops?

Thanks,
Margaret

Replies

• Maggiezoe
    Maggiezoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Will my Daily net calorie goal change as my weight drops?

Thanks,
    Margaret
  • RebaK
    RebaK Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes your daily calorie goals will drop until you reach your ideal weight. Then after maintaining that weight for about six weeks you should add some calories to reach about 2000 a day. (this depends on your height and ideal weight) Calculate the amount of calories you need to maintain your Ideal weight or ask you doctor.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't change automatically. After I lost 10 lbs. I got a window asking if I wanted to change my goals. (I laughed and told my family that it said congratulations, your reward is that you get to eat 50 calories less each day.) After that, I have just updated them every 10 lbs. Just go to goals and click change goals. Good luck on your journey! Mary
  • georgiapeachpit
    Options
    question....i can never meet my calorie goal i am always over by like 400 cals. BECAUSE I AM HUNGRY!!!! any suggestion for filling foods with no low cals Example i just had my cereal i actually measured out the 3/4 cup YIKEs thats just a little taste.....i know i will be HUNGRY and start foraging the fridge.....................already do black coffee to help fill the tank.....................
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    georgia, I don't know if you like *porridge but it is slow release and very nutricious. I add a banana and a tsp. peanut butter to mine but you can add anything like cinnamon, vanilla, fruit or compote to it.

as for lunch, go for a wholemeal bread and fill up on salad stuff

a cup of homemade soup is nice and filling, if you want a quick easy recipe for soup just let me know, I have quite a few off by heart. (one day I will make recipe cards) :glasses:

sweet potato is my new health food, my son and I love them baked (like chips) and I make a yoghurt/lime/mint dip to go with it.

I have loads of ideas I just don't know the calorie content :bigsmile: but I am sure we can work it together. :flowerforyou:

*I have porridge on my nightshift to fill me up but then I just have it plain (125 cal)
  • georgiapeachpit
    Options
    great ideas i do like Porridge/oatmeal...although it gets too hot in gerogia in the summer for hot foods..
    night shift??what cha doing at night......
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    sorry for the late reply georgia, I have just found 'my topics' lol... some things are harder to sink in :laugh:

sometimes I have to work till 6am so I find a bowl of porridge with a banana at 4am very comforting so I don't go to bed with an empty stomach. I did it once and my stomach started growling at 11am and woke me up :frown: Speaking of nights, I have a few to do next week all I need now is for things to stay as they are and I don't mess up.

How is it going? :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    question....i can never meet my calorie goal i am always over by like 400 cals. BECAUSE I AM HUNGRY!!!! any suggestion for filling foods with no low cals Example i just had my cereal i actually measured out the 3/4 cup YIKEs thats just a little taste.....i know i will be HUNGRY and start foraging the fridge.....................already do black coffee to help fill the tank.....................

caffeine makes you hungry - that could be part of the problem

make sure you are eating fat and protein and fiber for snacks and meals so that it will make you fell fuller longer, or protein water, and DRINK YOUR WATER
  • mulewhipper
    mulewhipper Posts: 15
    Options
    [caffeine makes you hungry - that could be part of the problem

make sure you are eating fat and protein and fiber for snacks and meals so that it will make you fell fuller longer, or protein water, and DRINK YOUR WATER

Agreed...caffeine will increase your appetite. I lay off that stuff after breakfast.

Drink that water...it will help supress your appetite for a bit.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    caffeine makes you....hungry? :noway:

why then are all the fake fad diet pills full of it?

I disagree. Caffeine is an appetite suppressant.

That said, it isn't great for you, not telling anybody to live off coffee alone, fiber is great as an appetite suppressant that is good for your heart and your bottom:blushing:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm with LuckyLeprechaun. I drink coffee and it keeps me from being hungry
  • mulewhipper
    mulewhipper Posts: 15
    Options

That said, it isn't great for you, not telling anybody to live off coffee alone, fiber is great as an appetite suppressant that is good for your heart and your bottom:blushing:

I'm not giving advice, just stating what I've come across.

So...I guess I meant to say that Drinking caffeine in large amounts as coffee over a short period of time has been shown to raise blood sugar. Caffeine does this by enhancing the effect of two hormones (adrenaline and glucagon). These two hormones release stored sugar from the liver resulting in high blood sugar. And what happens when blood sugar levels are increased?

I do drink coffee and have never stopped and I have lost an average of .6 pounds per day in the last few months so I don't think it's a critical thing, but I'm sure it could be if used in large amounts.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    just for a test, give up coffee see how your body reacts. I gave up coffee last year and definitely had some sort of 'come down' effect.

Celestial Seasonings is my favorite brand of tea, shame we can't get it here but I have finally found a site that delivers :smile: and it doesn't contain caffeine.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

202210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Coffe is healthy, i know i've heard that on the news lately, and I'm sticking with that! Noone is going to take away my coffee!! In moderation of course. :happy:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Saw this today, and i'm sticking with my coffee(in moderation of course):

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthieryou/10497/9-reasons-to-drink-more-coffee/
  • blackbeltfairy
    Options
    What about citrus fruits?

I personally am hooked on ugli fruits. It's like a cross between a grapefruit and a tangerine... all the tastiness of a grapefruit, without the bitterness. They're pretty big (about the size of a large orange), so they give your brain the idea that you've eaten a lot, even though they only have 40 calories apiece.

Citrus in particular are low-calorie and stimulate your metabolism, but you could also try bananas or apples. Any fruit would do.
  • NASCARGIRLLUV
    Options
    I KNOW FOR ME WHAT HELPS IS LITTLE SNACK IN THE DAY,ONE THING THAT WORKS FOR ME IS I HAVE A YOGURT 80 CAL AND I ADD 1/4 CUP OF GRAPENUTS IT TAKES TIME TO CHEW IT SO THE SLOWER YOU EAT THE MORE YOU FEEL FULL.IT COMES UP TO 180 CAL AND LAST ME TILL NEXT MEAL AND I EAT SALADS ,I HAVE IT PRE MADE SO EASY TO GET.WHEN I AM HUNGRY I DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE IT I JUST GO FOR WHAT IS EASY SO I MAKE THE SALAD A HEAD OF TIME AND KEEP IT IN THE FRONT. GOOD LUCK
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    great ideas i do like Porridge/oatmeal...although it gets too hot in gerogia in the summer for hot foods..

i do this with my oatmeal sometimes in the summer - mix it with your favorite yogurt and fruit, cover it, and stick it in the fridge overnight.. in the morningyou have a wonderful tasty treat!
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options

i do this with my oatmeal sometimes in the summer - mix it with your favorite yogurt and fruit, cover it, and stick it in the fridge overnight.. in the morningyou have a wonderful tasty treat!

How many calories is that approx?
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Another solution is to lose weight slower. Find out how many calories you should be eating to be to maintain your weight if you were already at your ideal weight. Eventually, you will get there, but the road is slower. This is how I lost weight.