Turning My Life Around

Options
sloanie1
sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
My journey began with a single step…..I have always been active my whole life, exercise has never been a problem for me; it’s the food, always the food! I am a diagnosed food addict and sufferer of depression and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) I have yoyo dieted since I was 15 years old and I have had a range of eating disorders from borderline anorexia; bulimia and most recently binge eating.

At my heaviest I weighed 73kilos (160lbs) I am only 5foot 1 so very short – I don’t know exactly how much I weigh, I actually threw the scales out about 2 months ago, because they fluctuate so much I would get down and self sabotage with food, my last weigh in was 2months ago I was at 55.5kilos (121lbs), I am not ruled by the scale anymore and it feels great! The inches lost and clothes falling off me tell the real story.

I joined MFP in February 2011, I was calorie counting and exercising but the weekends would let me down where I would overeat, I decided in May 2011 to set myself a 12 week challenge, no alcohol or processed food for 3 months (all clean eating) I lost 5kilos in 3 months which isn’t a lot for that amount of time but my body literally refuses to lose weight easily, I think it’s from all the sabotaging it’s had! I was really proud of my efforts and it was just what I needed to kick start me into action, eating clean was life changing, my head was clear, no heartburn or indigestion, lots of energy and no bingeing.

Once the challenge ended I was pretty good but slowly some old habits were reappearing, I made the decision to give up alcohol completely 3 weeks ago, I had been thinking about it for a while but never wanted to because I love a glass of wine!! BUT it was having a negative affect on me mentally and stopping me from progressing further, with the wine would come cheese and crackers and anything else I wanted, as soon as I made this decision it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I’m not where I want to be yet; putting these photos out there totally scares me to death! I despise my before pics, I don’t even really know who that person is anymore, I was sad, depressed and miserable and didn’t know how to change that, I am not 100% happy with my results but my goal was to wear a bikini on our xmas holiday and I have achieved that goal.

This journey has taken me 15months, without the support of my husband, close friends and MFP’s I would never have made it this far of that I have NO doubt, the people I have met on here and become friends with all over the world has touched me in so many ways, I am so incredibly lucky to have such an amazing group of people surrounding me every day.

I have worked so SO hard to get to this point, 5am workouts EVERY day including all through winter, giving up the foods I love (all food!) giving up alcohol, giving up my nights doing Spin classes sometimes, lifting weights, I am in week 8 of INSANITY…this has been a HUGE challenge for me!!! It has literally pushed me to my absolute limits and I LOVE it!! My next ultimate goal is to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40 in February.

There has been blood, sweat and tears…(tears only once, yes Shaun T broke me one morning!) BUT after 30seconds I got up and kept moving…..my husbands motto to me was “NEVER GIVE UP” no matter what….i have fallen down more times than I care to imagine, mentally I have been challenged and continue to be…but it’s the falling down that makes us stronger and teaches us life’s lessons…I am planning to write a book in the winter about my experiences in mental illness and eating disorders, if I can help just one person out there who may be going through the same issues then I will be extremely happy….xxx

Now I'm not great with computers! and these pics may not show up?? if not you can see my pics under my profile...:o)
DSCN2225.jpg
DSCN2227.jpg
DSCN2226.jpg
bikini2.jpg
insanity.jpg
Sloane.jpg

Replies

• KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    DSCN2225.jpg.[img][/img]DSCN2227.jpg.[img][/img]DSCN2226.jpg.[img][/img]bikini2.jpg.[img][/img]insanity.jpg
    Sloane.jpg.[img][/img]
  • sloanie1
    Options
    how did you do that Katie?
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic....

for some reason the others wont work... you have to change IMG to img....
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Your truly a remarkable woman! I am beyond proud to call you my friend!! Your strength, honesty, willing to share and care, passion to help others...I could go on...but if I did, I would be writing a book! :)
    Your an inspiration to anyone that has had the pleasure of meeting you or has been blessed to have you in their lives!
    You have already helped many by all your blogs...the book will reach out to many others and I know it will touch their minds and hearts! :) I wish you all the best on your journey and book!
    You look amazing and have worked tirelessly to achieve your goals...I am very proud of you! You are very disciplined, dedicated and committed once your mind has been made up to do something!
    God Bless you, in all that you do!
    My sincerest gratitude and love to you, my sweet, beautiful, wonderful, dear friend~
    Dar
  • princessd3b
    princessd3b Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :) I'm 5'2" so totally understand what 70+ kg look like on this frame. You have done a great job my friend!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! I am also 5"2' and I am 71kgs currently - lost 9kgs since the birth of my second child in July 27 (4 1/2 mths). I have been using MFP since Oct 2011. I am finding it difficult to move the scales but see a big difference in my clothes....
  • bullet1
    Options
    Here you go. Just needed your [/img] tags corrected.

DSCN2225.jpg
    DSCN2227.jpg
    DSCN2226.jpg
    bikini2.jpg
    insanity.jpg
    Sloane.jpg
  • sloanie1
    Options
    Fabulous! Thankyou
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! What a journey! You look fantastic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!