anyone get headaches after lots of exercise?

Options
what can cause this? i keep getting a headache above my left eyebrow its pretty painfull and happens after exercise or busy days :frown:

Replies

• abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    dehydration?
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    make sure you are eating enough and getting enough water.
  • Ceneal01
    Options
    I do. My doctor says they are exertion headaches after over-exerting my body.
  • DannyNovela
    DannyNovela Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    this happened to me a while back also... it turns out-after having a friend observe my exercise routine--that i was holding my breath a lot, especially during lifting weights. observe yourself or have someone watch you to see if this is happening to you... or like the other folks said, drink loads of water. and many of us underestimate the importance of sleep. sleep is very important to your body's recovery, especially after a hard workout.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i used to. drink more water while you work out. it helped me
  • threeforagirl
    Options
    I did at first, until I got breathing down better. I may not get through my reps as fast as some of the people I see, but I found it's easier if I do it slowly and breathe right.

And I definitely go through a full 16oz of water while I am at the gym (I am usually there an hour between cardio and weights) or 8oz if all I do is cardio.
  • roxleefall
    Options
    dehydration?

when i know im exercising i drink loads of water before during and after.
    Maybe you are forgeting to breath properly during exercise? I have to concentrate on my breathing when im doing something strenuious and pushing myself.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That could be your sinus cavity very easily.

It may mean it is not as free flowing as it needs to be during certain levels of exercise.

Any allergens bad this time of year for your location?
    Do you seem to have allergies?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Common reasons. Bad breathing technique. Holding breath. Always tightening neck muscles.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition