NSV - Work-related with an oxymoronic twist...

Options
cramernh
cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
I work as a chef for a living - crazy hours, tons of foods to work with, many meals to make... and reporting in for work today, I saw that all of my damn chef jackets were GONE! Them damn employees took my jackets for their shifts... ARGH!!!! I started my job wearing a 2XL...

Well, I grabbed a stock-chef jacket,..... UGH - ONLY SIZE LARGE?! Im dreading this moment because I was thinking there was no way in hell Im getting a large chef jacket on..

Well Ill be a sonova - ... THE LARGE CHEF JACKET FIT LIKE A GLOVE!

I was so excited that I let out a big "YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!" The guys in the men's room heard me.... and of course... men being men, they had some bad thoughts! LOL

So... I am turning all of my chef jackets in to get TWO SIZES SMALLER!

This is just freakin' AWESOME!

Replies

• happymom1197
    Options
    That's great!!!!!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    yeay ! - excellent NSV :)
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    well done.. i would be so proud :D

makes you wonder though how long you've been denying your amazing weight lossby wearing clothes too big!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    yay!!!
  • cramernh
    Options
    well done.. i would be so proud :D

makes you wonder though how long you've been denying your amazing weight lossby wearing clothes too big!

It was never a case of denying anything. When I was hired and measured for my uniform, they stated I was a 2XL for chef coats... was a little too big for XL, and definitely not fitting an L when I began.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Its funny how you dont realize how small you are after losing weight. I still look for pants 8 sizes ago...true story lol I have always been restricted to the plus size side of the store and thats where my feet take me.

Do you share recipes? I looove to cook and bake. My husband is from New Orleans so we got some pretty cool stuff cooking at our apartment sometimes. Hehe what is your favorite thing to make?

Friend invite coming!
  • cramernh
    Options

Do you share recipes? I looove to cook and bake. My husband is from New Orleans so we got some pretty cool stuff cooking at our apartment sometimes. Hehe what is your favorite thing to make?

Im very much a saucy-kinda girl... I make some mean veloutes for my husband's big steak tip dinner... he cant wait until his prime rib dinner on Christmas comes! Im making a roasted onion/garlic au jus to go with his freshly grilled prime rib.... Yup - we are grilling Christmas dinner, people!!!! Whether we have snow or not, Im outside grillin' with a cold beer in my hand! LOL!!!!

I make alot of my own spice rubs, my own BBQ sauces, marinades, etc... I prefer cleaning my own meats and cutting them the way I need them... it saves me alot of money if I purchase foods whole. Love the seafood dept at our local Hannafords because they give me great sale prices on whole tuna, salmon and just about anything I want.... you should see the looks on people when they see them handing over a 15-20lb whole salmon - ITS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehe...

Im very much into creating dishes for dietary restrictions (had to become almost an expert at my own medical diagnosis profile), so if someone has a dairy allergy, I can make sauces still taste yummy without using dairy at all. Someone like me who cant digest just about anything 'white' starch-related foods, I create dishes all the time. My husband has been an awesome supporter and will eat the dishes I prepare... he wants to support me and he knows that I have such a specific list of things to avoid, he joins with me.. and that means alot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!