bad week.....baaaaad week

Options
Weekends hard enough - definately my downfall. This week realy tough though - was making progress.... gym 3 times a week plus, golf and lawn mowing on weekends, then.....

thyroid medication issues finally caught up, resulting in too tired to go to gym, too tired to care, too much wine at night because too blue.... ate out 4 times in the last 2 days because of work -was ok - salads, lo-cal etc: except for the cheeseburger....god that was good....

just want to sleep....

so many excuses, so little time...

going for blood tests tomorrow - hopefully will resolve the synthroid issues for the time being...

gained back pretty much all that I lost over the last two weeks - in like 3 days!!! Lord that is SO unfair!!!

playin the blues, but it aint helpin...... guitar feels good though...

god, what a train wreck...

Replies

• pongo
    pongo Posts: 12
    Options
    Weekends hard enough - definately my downfall. This week realy tough though - was making progress.... gym 3 times a week plus, golf and lawn mowing on weekends, then.....

thyroid medication issues finally caught up, resulting in too tired to go to gym, too tired to care, too much wine at night because too blue.... ate out 4 times in the last 2 days because of work -was ok - salads, lo-cal etc: except for the cheeseburger....god that was good....

just want to sleep....

so many excuses, so little time...

going for blood tests tomorrow - hopefully will resolve the synthroid issues for the time being...

gained back pretty much all that I lost over the last two weeks - in like 3 days!!! Lord that is SO unfair!!!

playin the blues, but it aint helpin...... guitar feels good though...

god, what a train wreck...
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

boy i can relate to that!:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    :grumble: but if you jump back on the wagon, the lbs u lost and gained will drop back off pretty easily. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

u know healthy vs unhealthy. :sick: i do too. :wink: :wink: but unhealthy wins sometimes.
    if healthy wins more times, over all, than un--, you can win our common battle. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: i am living proof. it has taken me 8 years, but i've lost 100 lbs!!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

do what you truely want my friend.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    We have all been there at some point. Last week, I had been very stressed due to my father's heart attack. Mentally, I just wanted to eat and eat until I felt better because I can be an emotional eater. I sat there and would tell myself that I could eat whatever and start again tomorrow. I knew that if I started down that path, it would lead to my destruction. I had to dust myself off, stop the pity party and get back on track. It isn't easy and I would have loved to have eaten really bad, but I know it wouldn't have solved anything. A pity party is only for one. I know thyroid medication can be tough, but at least try to compromise with yourself. Tell yourself that if you walk for 15 minutes, and you don't want to do it anymore, then go home. If you do more than 15 minutes, then treat yourself to something non-food related. It might work.

Good Luck.
  • pongo
    Options
    Thanks you guys! Sorry about that - was a little down, and on the computer - always a bad combination!!

Heading to the gym today...... back on the bus!

:smile:
  • lawkat
    Options
    It will be okay. I pitied myself for far too long and told myself, what does it matter if I eat this or that. Well, I found that it does and I can't continue to eat like that and live a good life. All you can do is take it one day at a time.
  • pongo
    Options
    I hope your dad is ok....???
  • lawkat
    Options
    Thank you for asking. My father is good. No damage to the heart and he had a stint put in to open up the blockage. This is from years of eating bad food. I am hoping it will be beneficial for my whole family since they need to lose weight and take better care of themselves. It is a big change, but for the better.

Keep up the good work.