Tis the Season---The next 4 days...FOOD DAYS?????

Options
Well....here I am....a foodaholic and facing 4 nearly consecutive food days. I'm not someone who can go pick and choose something healthy...or count calories.....For me...it's like having an alcoholic be at an event with an open bar.

Today is Christmas Food Day at work.....tomorrow is Christmas Party at a Euchre Tourney, Saturday is a Food Day at a volleyball tourney, and Monday is a Food Day at work for December Birthdays.

I have made a decision....that I will NOT be eating from the table at ANY of these FOOD EVENTS. NOT ONE BITE. The ole...a hundred is not enough and one is too many describes me completely.

I thought I would start this thread, to make a little "journal" of my goal to arrive at Tuesday having gone COLD TURKEY on the food days.

I took my contribution to the food table today....oh wait...no...that was 4 tables that were lined up for food. I dropped it off and I left. I ate the breakfast that I had planned and I won't return to the food table until 4 this afternoon, when I pick up my dish.

Actually, I think they made it a little easy on me....stringing these days consecutively as they did.....because I don't want to have 4-5 days of feeling stuffed to the gills.

I'll be back....to report the GOOD...(and hopefully no BAD or UGLY....LOL)

Replies

• pluschek
    pluschek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another trick for me is If I am not eating at the table than I am not contributing to the table. Then I have no ethical right to par-take. :-) I guess that is my own mental game. So from my stand point they can have all the food days they want but if I don't bring anything to place on the table then I am not allowed to vist the table. :-) Just food for thought. LOL I crack myself up! :-) Have a great day and know I am here for you.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    LOL....you crack me up too..... and thanks for the support.

I actually did visit the table, because I needed veggies with my lunch. I politely took 4 cherry tomatoes, 4 broccoli florettes, 10 baby carrots and 2 clementines for good measure. hehehe.

I didn't look, at anything else....just took veggies and fruit and left. They were pretty good.

I think I might just incorporate your rule though.......that makes great sense!
  • DEEDLYNN
    Options
    Food Day #1....Complete SUCCESS. I'm leaving now....with empty dishes....and a clear conscience. :)
  • pluschek
    pluschek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So proud of you GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
  • DEEDLYNN
    Options
    Thank you!!!. Now onto day 2....I have it started right...and I have a plan. :)