What do you do when...

Options
You overeat? Yesterday and today there have been lots of pizza and cake at my house and I'm having a really hard time keeping myself from eating all of both. This morning I had two pieces of pizza and a piece of cake for breakfast!!! What do you guys do to distract yourselves/ keep yourself from gorging upon tempting food in your house??? Help I feel like a monster!!!

Replies

• JesseM28
    JesseM28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You overeat? Yesterday and today there have been lots of pizza and cake at my house and I'm having a really hard time keeping myself from eating all of both. This morning I had two pieces of pizza and a piece of cake for breakfast!!! What do you guys do to distract yourselves/ keep yourself from gorging upon tempting food in your house??? Help I feel like a monster!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have some! :laugh: It's okay to have a slice of pizza or a piece of cake. JUST DON'T HAVE IT EVERYDAY!!!!!!

If you have problems with control then it's something that shouldn't be in your house in the first place.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

How about tossing it into the trash?....that why no tempation.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Excercise more to compensate! And get the tempting food out of the house asap!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Stop eating mindlessly...take a slice for lunch and a salad and a very small piece of cake for desert at the end of the day...you need to plan and think about the food before you eat it...tally up the calories and what you will have left for the day...also know that too much of junk will not help you reach your goal any faster..soooo you have to decide what you want more ...self control and good eating habits ..or the immediate satisfaction of food that lasts only 5minutes at best...
  • gogo524
    gogo524 Posts: 4
    Options
    It's ok to have a little of both. If I want pizza I cut a regular slice in half, blot off the extra grease and eat it slowly, savoring every bite. Same w/ cake, take half of what you normally would and just enjoy each bite. Put the rest out of sight. If I don't feel like I an denying myself then I don't obsess about the food and eat the whole thing. Hope this helped. Good luck.
  • JesseM28
    JesseM28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Stop eating mindlessly...take a slice for lunch and a salad and a very small piece of cake for desert at the end of the day...you need to plan and think about the food before you eat it...tally up the calories and what you will have left for the day...also know that too much of junk will not help you reach your goal any faster..soooo you have to decide what you want more ...self control and good eating habits ..or the immediate satisfaction of food that lasts only 5minutes at best...

That is so true!!! I forget about that. I am definetly regretting that five minutes for WAYYYY longer than it actually took me to eat the pizza and cake!!! Ok I am done with junk food...no more excuses. I will just have to pick myself up and keep going!!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I dont bring things like that into the house.. and if they are in the house I put it in the cupboard or fridge hidden where I dont see it... If its like easter chocolate that could last a while I give it to my husband who locks it up hahahaha sad.. I know... But it helps hahaha I try to get everyone else to eat it before I get a chance... Or... I just throw it into the trash. But like others have said its alright to have a little bit.. not all the time. Like you said.. Just get back up and get going again.... I wouldnt say "done with junk food" though (even though that would be the best...) But I find it when I say "NO MORE" or "I WONT BINGE TODAY" or "IM DOING SO GOOD" I fall right away... That will be the day I will pig out on it hahaha
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Clean out your fridge and cupboards - get rid of the junk food that you typically mindlessly munch on. :noway: :noway: I've found that not having all of the junk food around makes it a lot easier to eat healthy - even if my husband does complain there's no "good munchies" around the house!:laugh: I make it a point to only eat ONE slice of pizza any time we have it - no sense denying myself totally, just have to make sure to eat reasonable portions. Life can't be lived in total denial, you can indulge occasionally, as long as you do it in moderation AND increase your excercise to compensate for it.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    If you are going to have it, write it down first. Then see how many calories you have left for the day and wonder if it is really worth it. If those are things that are a huge temptation, then get rid of them. Maybe the next time there is extra food leftover from (I am assuming) a party, give some to people to take home, or instead of a whole cake, get enough cupcakes for everyone to have one. The same with pizza, get enough so everyone could have a few slices, but leave few left over. You could also freeze each slice and each piece of cake and take a slice with you to work.

You don't need to give it up, just have some in moderation, and not everyday.

Good Luck.
  • BillieBrink
    BillieBrink Posts: 15
    Options
    I agree, get everything out of the house.:noway: I have wanted to binge and can't find anything to binge on. :sick: By the time I go through all of the cupboards and fridge, I give up......:smile:
  • ddiesh
    ddiesh Posts: 15
    Options
    Above all, don't beat yourself up for giving in to your temptation. Recognize that you're human :wink: but stay on course!

For me, if I'm tempted to take that extra slice of pizza or piece of cake, I just tell myself that it will still be there for me later if I really, REALLY want it.

I like the idea keeping the tempting food out of sight, or even better, out of the house. Wish I could convince the hubby to quit buying chips! :ohwell:
  • manganello16
    Options
    Everyone slips every now and then...:grumble: . Just give yourself a little room to make a few mistakes but not too much. I give myself sundays. Every sunday I eat whatever I want and I feel good and still lose weight. It's okay to give yourself a break every now and then...I know that without my sundays, I would go crazy!:tongue:

192119.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options

I like the idea keeping the tempting food out of sight, or even better, out of the house. Wish I could convince the hubby to quit buying chips! :ohwell:

It's the ONLY way I have been able to lose - no kids at home any more to eat the goodies, so i don't buy them any more:laugh: :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I was out the other day for work and did not have lunch with me. The only place around was Pizza Pizza so I thought I would be good and have a slice of veggie pizza. The calories and sodium were amazingly huge.... that won't happen again in a hurry
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    double post