newly wed

Options
I am recently married and i work all day while my husband is at school So when i am off at 5 i want to just spend the 5 hours left in the day with him before we wake up for the early start the next day. ANY IDEA when i can fit in excercise running, and other excercises in my daily routine.
I want to run a 10k by september. I need support to do so. any work out plans. I would love a six pack or would love to just be nicely toned. I have curves thats for sure. but toned abbs and thigs. would be soo nice. any help i can get let me know

Replies

• Whitneyh29
    Whitneyh29 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am recently married and i work all day while my husband is at school So when i am off at 5 i want to just spend the 5 hours left in the day with him before we wake up for the early start the next day. ANY IDEA when i can fit in excercise running, and other excercises in my daily routine.
    I want to run a 10k by september. I need support to do so. any work out plans. I would love a six pack or would love to just be nicely toned. I have curves thats for sure. but toned abbs and thigs. would be soo nice. any help i can get let me know
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the marriage! :flowerforyou:

Does your hubby like to work out? My fiance and I get up at 5:15, off to work for the day, and we meet up at the gym after work. It works out great for my motivation. I get to see him and he helps me with my workouts. Then we head home, cook dinner, clean up, relax, go to bed and do it all over again! If your husband isn't working out, it wouldn't hurt him to start!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi Whitney! Congrats on getting married!! :flowerforyou: I too, am a newly wed and I know what you mean about just wanting to spend time together when you're both done for the day. I like to go to the gym right after I drop my husband off at work in the morning-you could try getting up earlier and going for a run, doing a workout dvd, hitting the machines for 20-30 min at the gym. I know that type of thing doesn't work for everyone though! You could also stop at the gym for a bit on the way home if your schedule allows it? I also really like dvd's-that way you can do them right there at home, you don't have to workup the motivation to go anywhere. Then you can have a nice shower with your hubby when you're done :wink:

Another thing you could try is asking him to workout with you! Take walks, go for a jog together, that way you can spend time together AND work out!

I don't have any good plans for abs to suggest (I could use a plan myself there!!) or running, but I'm sure a lot of the other members have great plans they'll share!! :happy:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I was/am kind of in the same boat as you. I have two jobs and a 16 month old child. I also want to spend as much time as I can with my husband and child BUT I have to take at least an hour to take care of myself first. They don't want to see my unhappy so they are willing to sacrifice that hour for me. Even if it is only a half hour a night..... I work from 9-5 monday through friday and from 7pm(sometimes earlier)-2am most Friday and Saturday nights. My kid goes to bed at 8:30 so I try to wait until about 8 or 8:15 to go exercise. On the weekend, I do it when my kid is down for his morning 2 hour nap. I didn't think it was possible to fit it in either but it IS!

Will your hubby run with you maybe even if knows how much you really want it? Good luck to you.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi Whitney! I am sort-of a newly wed (been married a year and a half) and I know what you mean! My hubby has a few pounds to lose as well so we try to work out together so we can still spend time with each other after work.

Some days when he doesn't work out, he'll sit on the couch and keep me company while I do a DVD, or mess around on the computer while I work out on our elliptical.

Does your hubby like to work out? I'm sure he'd go on runs with you right after work! I've done that with mine before and it's really nice to have someone to run with.

Hope this helps a bit! Congrats on your recent marriage, by the way :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My husband and work out at the gym together. we go for walks together as well. He is on MFP and has lost 51 lbs.

I find that the only time we get alone together is exercising or carpooling!