Slow at losing weight

Options
If you lose weight slowly and maybe even find it demotivating or frustrating that others around you can simply give up crisps and lose 7lbs then feel free to add me!

I am content with the fact that it is a slow process for me but I can't be the only one and would like more MFP's who are going through the same thing.

So far it's 4lb in 4 weeks my colleague joined MFP after I recommended it and lost 4lb in week 1! So I am now catching up.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is healthy and normal. The heavier you are, the faster you can lose. I lost weight at a pace of 1-2 pounds a week for the first month and a half on MFP, then it really slowed down. I started MFP in mid-February, have never backslid or gained weight, and still have 2 pounds to go until my goal of a 30 pound loss. That equals just over a half pound a week loss. We all lose at different paces. Just be patient. You are doing great. I would LOVE to be able to lose a pound a week. I haven't done that since March!!!
  • meganmorsey
    Options
    A pound a week is GREAT!! Slow and steady weight loss is sustainable. You're less likely to gain it back. My weight loss is really slow as well. I want to lose 15-20 pounds total and in about two months, I've lost 5. So that's only about 0.5 pounds per week. Don't let it get you down! Just keep doing your thing :smile:
  • SherriH69
    Options
    Feel free to add me. And good luck. Slow is better anyway!
  • samantha0176
    samantha0176 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt call 1lb a week slow!! now my weight loss is slow!! the scale part that is!! my scale is stuck at one # and i am sooo sick of it...but since i restarted on oct 17th i have lost almost 9 inches! and my clothes are fitting better and better well i am actually down from a size 6 to a 4..but the scale does not know it!!!...had i decided to only take my scale weight i would have been very discouraged!! but every week i get my measuring tape out and 0.25 or0 .5 inches loss on my waist, hips and other area....I am thinking that i will be putting my scale in the dungeon again! :o)
    so good job on losing 4lb a week....and for added measures take your measurments..:o)

sam
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight slowly and maybe even find it demotivating or frustrating that others around you can simply give up crisps and lose 7lbs then feel free to add me!

I am content with the fact that it is a slow process for me but I can't be the only one and would like more MFP's who are going through the same thing.

So far it's 4lb in 4 weeks my colleague joined MFP after I recommended it and lost 4lb in week 1! So I am now catching up.

1lb a week is healthy!
    Keep up the good work!
    Oh yea...lift weights too!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is healthy and normal. The heavier you are, the faster you can lose. I lost weight at a pace of 1-2 pounds a week for the first month and a half on MFP, then it really slowed down. I started MFP in mid-February, have never backslid or gained weight, and still have 2 pounds to go until my goal of a 30 pound loss. That equals just over a half pound a week loss. We all lose at different paces. Just be patient. You are doing great. I would LOVE to be able to lose a pound a week. I haven't done that since March!!!

This is a speedy rate for me. I started 17th November and I have lost 4lb in total some weeks losing none. I am happy with my progress but I often go weeks without any loss which is disheartening. I am happy with slow and steady and I am hoping I can keep like minded people motivated. =)
  • janac777
    janac777 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i have lost .5 pound a week and am extremely frustrated. i just keep going cuz hopefully at least that will continue.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    i have lost .5 pound a week and am extremely frustrated. i just keep going cuz hopefully at least that will continue.

What is your goal?
    How are you losing weight?
    Fat% or LBM%?

The trick to weight loss isnt just cutting calories but getting on the net and doing all the research and math.
    Most of my friends werent eating enough to lose anything!
    After some simple calculations and adjustments to MFP they are losing BF% and keeping LBM!
    Fat to Fit Radio tools are amazing so gogogogogogo!
    Hugs!
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I will add you. I lose weight very slow as well. I am very lucky if I can lose 3 pounds a month
  • hparks76
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've been working out hard with Jillian Michaels for 2 months. I've only lost 3 lbs. I've changed my eating habits & virtually cut out all caffeinated beverages, still nothing. I've been really discouraged lately so I'm glad there are other people out there having the same issue. Guess I will keep going & hope for something to happen soon.
  • hparks76
    Options
    I have also only lost 1 inch off my waist and nothing anywhere else. :(
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt call 1lb a week slow!! now my weight loss is slow!! the scale part that is!! my scale is stuck at one # and i am sooo sick of it...but since i restarted on oct 17th i have lost almost 9 inches! and my clothes are fitting better and better well i am actually down from a size 6 to a 4..but the scale does not know it!!!...had i decided to only take my scale weight i would have been very discouraged!! but every week i get my measuring tape out and 0.25 or0 .5 inches loss on my waist, hips and other area....I am thinking that i will be putting my scale in the dungeon again! :o)
    so good job on losing 4lb a week....and for added measures take your measurments..:o)

sam
    You might want to check the accuracy of that SCALE!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Its taken me since April 2010 to lose 30 kg. Its been really slow compared to others but I guess everyone is different. I've had to develop a lot of patience. Hey well done, 4 lb in 4 weeks is a good rate of loss. :)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

sam

Hey dont worry the scale always catches up. Check my profile and read up on my comments on this subject :)
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I actually was down 3 pounds in a month to an average weight, then got on the scale today and was 2.7 pounds heavier again. So I have learned today from others to look down the road 6 months, not to give up after all my hard work of the last month., I hope this is helpful.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    My weight hasn't budged at all (since I joined I went off birth control pills and have gained weight...and haven't lost it yet). So it's been super frustrating. But I also think the reason I'm not losing weight is also because of my PCOS...but either way there's been no change in weight or measurements in forever and I feel like I'm working hard but it's just not working...
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    on the same path, add me :O
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    It took me a little over 2.5 years to lose 50 lbs.... that's pretty slow. :) But I still got there.

doesnotmatter.jpg
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It took me a little over 2.5 years to lose 50 lbs.... that's pretty slow. :) But I still got there.

doesnotmatter.jpg

This is true. For those finding it slow remember to be thankful for how far you have come. It's better than slowly putting on 1lb every other week!

Don't forget the good times when the hard times hit =)