Sliming down before babies

Options
Hello Everyone!
I heard about this site from a weight loss challege class I am in. I started yesterday again. A cycle I keep doing over and over. What really made me start once again was watching the biggest loser this past tuesday. Ron a contestant on the show walked a 26 mile marthon in pain! I thought heck if he could do it I could.
My real reason for starting again was I am 30 years old soon to be 31 this month and my husband and I are thinking of starting a famliy next year. My doctor told me to lose as much weight as possible before I get pregant because it'll be an easier pregancy without all the extra weight on top of extra weight I have. Makes sense to me. My one friend told me I was crazy to work so hard to lose weight only to gain it back being pregant. It's more then just losing weight before I have babies it's being healthy for myself and being able to be a healthy person. I have many other reason too get healthy.
It's just time for a life style change and for me to stop the cycle.
My goal is lose 60 pounds by December 1 which is realistic goal. Finally be under 200 pounds!!
I look forward to meeting new people on this site and share tips, ideas and just support each other!
We can do it!!

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    KimberlyKurtz Posts: 287
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I heard about this site from a weight loss challege class I am in. I started yesterday again. A cycle I keep doing over and over. What really made me start once again was watching the biggest loser this past tuesday. Ron a contestant on the show walked a 26 mile marthon in pain! I thought heck if he could do it I could.
    My real reason for starting again was I am 30 years old soon to be 31 this month and my husband and I are thinking of starting a famliy next year. My doctor told me to lose as much weight as possible before I get pregant because it'll be an easier pregancy without all the extra weight on top of extra weight I have. Makes sense to me. My one friend told me I was crazy to work so hard to lose weight only to gain it back being pregant. It's more then just losing weight before I have babies it's being healthy for myself and being able to be a healthy person. I have many other reason too get healthy.
    It's just time for a life style change and for me to stop the cycle.
    My goal is lose 60 pounds by December 1 which is realistic goal. Finally be under 200 pounds!!
    I look forward to meeting new people on this site and share tips, ideas and just support each other!
    We can do it!!
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    welcome, congrats on starting your journey. :drinker:
  • Italian
    Italian Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find tons of friends and support here!

You can also join the red team! we have weekly challenges and weigh-ins!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    if you would like to, or like to learn more, here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/52015-red-team-week-1

This is our first week!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    thats the best advice you could get.....totally get in shape and lose as much as you can before you get pregnant. I lost 15lbs.before I did and it was great. It didn't keeep me from gaining too much, but I had the tools and knew what to do to start losing afterwards. I lost 50 of the 60 I gained in the first yr, and now at yr 3, I am finally losing that last 10 lbs.
    good luck to you.
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberly!
    Welcome!

Although I'm not 30 :grumble: :wink: , my husband and I have been
    ttc (trying to conceive) and I too, want to lose weight prior to that!
    I talked to the doctor and he said that my weight could possibly
    be the reason why we haven't been able to have a baby. :cry:
    So, here I go!! I am *motivated* to lose, then look and feel GREAT!
    I also asked him if it would be ok for me to lose weight while preggo.?
    He told me not to do any "diet trick things" like the drinks or pills but I
    asked if I could just cut down my portion sizes and exercise and
    let my body get back itself to a healthy size. He said, "Absolutely, yes!".
    I'm trying to get down to my goal weight by my 40th bday in Nov
    and this site as truly helped me a great deal!

Funny: I told my friends that I don't want to be an overweight
    soon-to-be Mommy. I want people to say, "Oh my goodness,
    you're pregnant - Congratulations!!"
    not say (after 8 months):
    "You're pregnant? I had no idea!!!". HAHAHAAAAA!! :laugh: :laugh:

I look on the bright side - I'll save money on maternity clothes. I'll
    just wear what I wear now!

Anyhoo- Nice to have you on board. This is an exciting adventure
    we're on! We'll be lookin' hot in no time flat! Everyday is closer to
    the goal!
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to get "healthy" before getting pregnant again. I weighed too much to begin with my first pregnancy and gained too much. I always wanted to be one of those "cute" pregnant ladies and not just really big, which I felt I was. I started out just wanting to drop some weight before getting pregnant, but I've really changed my attitude to just being a healthy person. I've lost some weight and have been doing much better at portion control and excerising and now I'm excited to get pregnant! I don't even care about gaining weight because I know I'll be able to exercise during my pregnancy (something I didn't do with my first) and the weight will come off faster when I'm done.

Good luck with everythiing, having children is an amazing blessing and I wanna be around for a long time to enjoy it!!
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    Smart Girl......It will be better for you and your babies......don't let anyone tell you different! Best wishes to you and check in everyday!:flowerforyou:
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    Me too. I'll be thiry this coming Jan and my husband and I are thinking about kids. I told him that I don't want to go there unitl I reach my goal weight. I'm been moderatly over weight most of my life and iwould like to give my boady a chance before it changes with pregnancy. Good lick to you. You deserve it.
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    Welcome! You have a great plan!!! I had my first baby 8 months ago and I gained 60 pounds with my pregnancy...... Now I'm working on losing the extra 30 I still carry!!! I'm also trying too lose the weight before I have another!

Good luck to you! You can do it! This is a WONDERFUL site...great advice and lots of support! :smile:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I had my first child at 28 and then my second at 39, there is a huge difference in pregnancy between those 2 ages. just have patience with yourself and your body. :laugh: and if it is healthy, don't put it off until you "Reach your goal" life is to be lived, never wait for a perfect time, or enough money, or the stars and planets to be alligned, you might miss something. if a baby is what you want, start as soon as your Dr. says you can. time has a way of slipping by, and before you now it, bammm..... it's gone.
    good luck to you all:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Thank You!!!! So far so good!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    welcome, congrats on starting your journey. :drinker:

Thank you!!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    thats the best advice you could get.....totally get in shape and lose as much as you can before you get pregnant. I lost 15lbs.before I did and it was great. It didn't keeep me from gaining too much, but I had the tools and knew what to do to start losing afterwards. I lost 50 of the 60 I gained in the first yr, and now at yr 3, I am finally losing that last 10 lbs.
    good luck to you.

Thanks for the welcome! 10 to go you can do it!!!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

Thanks this site is turning out to be much better then others I tried alot easier to use! Thanks for the support! Good luck to you too!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    good luck to you I noticed both times that I lost weight before getting pregnant I was able to get pregnant easier
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    I had my first child at 28 and then my second at 39, there is a huge difference in pregnancy between those 2 ages. just have patience with yourself and your body. :laugh: and if it is healthy, don't put it off until you "Reach your goal" life is to be lived, never wait for a perfect time, or enough money, or the stars and planets to be alligned, you might miss something. if a baby is what you want, start as soon as your Dr. says you can. time has a way of slipping by, and before you now it, bammm..... it's gone.
    good luck to you all:flowerforyou:

Thank's that's the thing patience! I lose it quickly withmyself but have it with others! I agree there's not a perfect time, enough money etc. to have a baby. Right now I am going to foucus on myself for this year and get myself turly happy with the outside and healthy. My husband and I planned on starting a family next year but he was laid off from his job this March so that kind of but a snag in our plans. It'll all work out like you said.
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    good luck to you I noticed both times that I lost weight before getting pregnant I was able to get pregnant easier

Thanks! I hope so!!