bummed - need something I don't know what

Options
Hi. Last week I was thrilled because I was back to my average weight. I held true to my calories and log. This morning I got on the scale and am up 2.7 pounds. I worked so hard all week to stay with it. I need to know someone is cheering for me.

Replies

• creedrrt
    creedrrt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It may take your body a few weeks to figure out how many calories it actually needs to maintain itself. I know that it can be discouraging but you can work through this. There is so much support on this website. You don't want your hard work thus far to go to waste. Hang in there!
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you!!! I'll hang on to those words about not letting my hard work thus far go to waste. That is so helpful. THANK YOU.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have felt that way at times as well. The thing to think about isn't today but where will you be 6 months from now! Just think those trails that you could be walking! My scale hasn't budged in 4 weeks, but I am not giving up. Keep your head up and keep on going. Next week will be a new week! There are people out there cheering for you.
  • sharonhauptman
    Options
    Oh Swansa,
    Thank you so much. I will think 6 months ahead. And on top of that I will remember what the other poster said. Thank you very much swansa. Also, I appreciate that you are sticking with it even as you experence the non-budging scale. I will remember you for strength.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    The biggest part of success is sticking with it. There are going to be fluxes- A body can gain/lose up to 5 pounds in any given day due to water retention alone. :)
  • sharonhauptman
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you also. It is midday now, and I am tempted to give up. Reading your comment about water retention is helpful, as well as the above hints about having put this much in it and thinking 6 months forward. Maybe I'll have popcorn 94% fat free. That should last me a bit.