Very proud of myself right now!

Options
So...a true testament to my newly found will power. Our HR manager was coming around with Timmy Ho's donuts, in a moment of weakness I took one, set it on my desk, looked at it for 2 minutes and then ran to get the IT guy to remove it from my desk! :D Soooo incredibly proud of myself right now! Wooohoo!

*Woke up this morning and realized I hit the 35 lb mark for weight loss! 5 more lbs to go before December 30th, I promised myself I would lose 40 lbs for my birthday, the gift of health! Long way to go but baby steps will get me there!*

Let's hear about your proud moments! :D

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!!!! It is SOOOOOOO hard to turn away office treats!
  • kjones3535
    Options
    Nice job! I have a hard time saying no at our office because people bring a lot of homemade items and they want you to try them. They are finally understanding why I am laying off now that they can see some of the weight loss. Keep up the good work!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    you should be proud!!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    So...a true testament to my newly found will power. Our HR manager was coming around with Timmy Ho's donuts, in a moment of weakness I took one, set it on my desk, looked at it for 2 minutes and then ran to get the IT guy to remove it from my desk! :D Soooo incredibly proud of myself right now! Wooohoo!

*Woke up this morning and realized I hit the 35 lb mark for weight loss! 5 more lbs to go before December 30th, I promised myself I would lose 40 lbs for my birthday, the gift of health! Long way to go but baby steps will get me there!*

Let's hear about your proud moments! :D

Ok, am I the only one who find this funny? "ran to get the IT guy to remove it from my desk!" I had visions of squealing for my husband to come kill a spider for me. :wink:
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    and then ran to get the IT guy to remove it from my desk! :D Soooo incredibly proud of myself right now! Wooohoo!

I love that the IT guy makes donut house calls. Congrats!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job on the will power!!!

I am proud because today marks the 5th day with NO soda. I had been on a steady diet of 2-3 cans of diet soda a day.. I woke up Monday and said... "Diet coke, today I'm breaking up with you!" Since I've eliminated soda, I have upped my water intake to 2-3 36oz bottles of water a day. I haven't seen a scale difference but I already feel better!!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Way to be strong!!! Get those 40lbs Killer!
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    way to go! saying no to Timmy's can be really hard and I occasionally "splurge" with a large coffee and blueberry fritter... I love blueberries!!

@hillm12345 - way to go on the no soda!! I was drinking approx 6 cans of REGULAR soda A DAY!! Three months ago I gave it up cold turkey... had a migraine from hell for a couple of days but then it got better. I definitely upped my water intake and I'm down 5lbs and 9 inches since I gave up the pop. It's the only big change I've made diet wise, I still exercise same as I did before but without the pop I'm actually dropping the weight cuz I've got 600 cals a day I'm NOT consuming... and I love it!!!

My biggest "proud" moment recently was when I bumped into a mutual friend of mine and my mother's. She took a good long look at me and asked me "how much weight have you lost?" NOT "Have you lost weight?" It was SO incredible. When I told her it was only 5lbs she was shocked, said it looked like I've lost a lot more than that :-) It was awesome!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Is your IT department hiring?
  • kfd1098
    Options
    Awesome job!! That is the hardest part of the holidays for me. The mindless eating of all the treats at work. I am happy to report that I've managed to avoid 6 boxes of chocolates, 5 tins of cookies, 3 plates of fudge, 2 birthday cakes and a table full of donuts too! I just sang that in my head to the tune of 12 Days of Christmas...maybe that needs to be the new MFP Christmas song :)

Keep up the great work and that is what we use our support systems for...to remove the temptations for us :)
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) LOL Nope, our IT dept is not hiring! LOL
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!