HELP...I HAVE WEIGHT GAIN!!!

Options
Greetings all:

I'm 23, 5'4", 156lbs. I started MFP Dec 5 at 158. My calorie intake per/day suggested by MFP is 1320. Since my start, i was very proud to see instant results with my new healthy eating lifestyle and exercise. I got down to 153. Weighed in this morning...I was back up to 156 -_-. I slacked off a bit on the exercise a bit because of finals week, but I have still been at/under my daily calorie goal. I don't understand this backward step bc i feel better in regards to my health, and even my bf has noticed my stomach has gotten flatter. Can anyone shed some light on my issue. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Crys

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Most likely water retention. (Assuming you are very accurate and honest about your calories in and calories out)

Possible sources:

Period/menstrual cycles
    High Sodium intake
    Exercise
    Normal daily weight fluctuations
    Not enough water/fluids

Don't let the number on the scale discourage you. You are doing an excellent job!
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would increase your water I drink 6 liters a day...so maybe half your body weight in ounces daily and no u won't get sick n die or flush out any essentials..I've been doing it 19 weeks tomorrow and am monitored by my doctor and I am alive well n healthy Leo eat every 2-3 hrs 6 times a day...see if that helps;)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. They are a more reliable and less variable way to track your progress.

Just within this week, I've been 4 lbs up and back down...the scale moves around a LOT.

Edited to Add: 6 liters is WAY too much. Please don't take that advice. 2 liters or even 3 are fine, but you can make yourself ill from overdoing it, and you can be hospitalized....it's nothing to overdo or play with.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Never pay any attention to a short term change, positive or negative.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Never pay any attention to a short term change, positive or negative.
    This...

Weight loss isnt linear so you cant treat it like that.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Most likely water retention. (Assuming you are very accurate and honest about your calories in and calories out)

Possible sources:

Period/menstrual cycles
    High Sodium intake
    Exercise
    Normal daily weight fluctuations
    Not enough water/fluids

Don't let the number on the scale discourage you. You are doing an excellent job!

Agreed. You also bloat during ovulation!!! MOST women are not even aware of that and it sucks but if it is in your stomach then it is just temporary. Up the water intake and give it a couple of days. This is one reason why I have not weighed since mid October...I am taking a break from the scale.
  • tgrant766
    Options
    dont be discouraged! you will go up and down that is normal.....I agree the slight increase is probably water....but I also agree that 3 liters is toooooo much water....good luck stay encouraged you will drop that in no time.
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    Thank you all!!!! Your responses have helped my frustration level a bunch! Your help and support is much appreciated!!!
  • amuchison
    Options
    Whose says 3 liters is too much...r u a doctor NO and mine says 6 liters is not too much also my Nutritionist...I'm not dead nor have I been in the hospital ever...water flushes get my friend used to barely drink 8 cups a day she how'd it to 3 liters and now she is dropping and more regularly....
  • amuchison
    Options
    Whose says 3:drinker:
  • beckysiz
    beckysiz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my weight can fluxuate up to 8 pounds depending on diet and horomones. If I go out drinking and have moer than 5 drinks I will be up 8 pounds for about 2-3 days after that. I retain water certain times of the month too ;)