SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! May 7th

Options
Hi pebbles,

Today is a busy teaching/appointments/choir practice day with a light yoga practice mixed in. I did a new online yoga workout yesterday and discovered that "detoxifying" and "restorative" are definitely not the same thing. . .warrior three? It was pretty invigorating, so I ended with a meditation in savasana (I have a "meditation for pain" thing I do sometimes on my iPod.)

I'm getting really excited about my mini-trip for our birth-aversary. (my birthday and our anniversary are three days apart). I get a massage and a jacuzzi tub. Hoopah!

Take care.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi pebbles,

Today is a busy teaching/appointments/choir practice day with a light yoga practice mixed in. I did a new online yoga workout yesterday and discovered that "detoxifying" and "restorative" are definitely not the same thing. . .warrior three? It was pretty invigorating, so I ended with a meditation in savasana (I have a "meditation for pain" thing I do sometimes on my iPod.)

I'm getting really excited about my mini-trip for our birth-aversary. (my birthday and our anniversary are three days apart). I get a massage and a jacuzzi tub. Hoopah!

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Wandering. . .(and everyone who might be interested.:tongue: )

I found these yoga practice downloads:

http://www.yogadownload.com/

They're very short (most around 20 minutes), and their mostly audio (they're slideshows) but I really like them. They seem to be varied, so no chance of boredom, and the instruction is really clear. You might want to check them out for the road. They're also on iTunes, but you can just view them at the website.

All of the yoga journal podcasts are pretty good as well. :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey, did I tell you guys that I ran a mile in under 9 minutes the other day? I was super proud. Nothing except for pushups yesterday, though, and a walk after lunch.

Today is Zumba, and trying to get my new computer setup. Where does all the time go? Oh, that's right. Work. :grumble: I will take a look at some of the yoga podcasts for my trip, perhaps. Thanks, V!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Cp, you sound like my DH about work. Poor things! :wink: Congrats on running a mile under 9 min! Super awesome!
    Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and expected to see a few pound gain since I haven't been working out and I've been eating like crazy. I lost half a pound. :blushing: But I can tell I am mostly fat now and less muscle. So I'd prefer to have the scale go up and my clothes fall off. :laugh: I need to get back to it, whatever it is. I was pretty run down again yesterday so I didn't do anything. I am glad I am feeling better today because I have a ton of stuff to do.
    cleaning
    laundry
    packing
    shopping
    loading up the car to leave early in the morning
    and we have a foster care meeting tonight. That's right, foster care. I said no way a few weeks ago but I am trying to be open minded for whatever the Lord has for us. If we do foster a child it will be with the intentions of adoption, though we know that doesn't always happen. We're just going to the info meeting to learn more about it and see if we want to do it. It will be much cheaper than adopting from Russia, though that's still where are hearts are.
    I'm talking a lot again. I must be lonely. If I don't get on here over the next couple of days I hope you all have a good weekend!
    MM
    PS, what happened to Karen? Did I miss something? Where'd she go?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Congrats CP, that's awesome. I haven't done a mile in a while, but I'm doing walk/jog today. I'm also skipping yoga tonight. I think my body needs two days of rest this week.

Where are you guys going, V?

I was wondering if Anne is coming back as well...

Rest Boogaloo!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the yoga DL,s Viv! I'm afraid I won't even have a computer on this trip though, so I'm hand-writing up some routines to do in the "hut." Pretty sure we are hiking most everywhere too.

Congrats on the 9mm, CP!

I got a good workout in yesterday because today is very busy -- got meetings all day and then a hot date! I like this guy because he is always open to doing something outdoorsy and fun. Tonight we'll go biking on the strand, catch the sunset, then go to sushi. I can't wait!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Hooray for third dates!

Spring Boogaloo!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Just want to let everyone know how badass CP is - I tried to do 6.6 mph on the treadmill (approx 9 min mile) - I could last about 60 seconds.

WL - if you're bringing your ipod, you can make up a list of poses that you do for songs - it's worked well for me.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Way to go CP! :drinker: You've been working hard and now seeing the payoff!

Melissa, your faith astounds me. I have so much adoration for people who are able to live life as you do. Just thought you should know.

Monica- :blushing: (there are no whistling smileys on here!)

Yesterday I amazed myself on my run. I went out with intention of doing 4-5 miles and had to stop at 2 to take off some layers. Then did another two and thought, what the heck, I feel good. I did 3 X 2 miles! Whoooo hoooo! Over 5 is always a big plateau for me. Next week I'm going for 8, then 10 by end of month. Took me until Aug last summer to get up to 10, and I just started running again in Mid-march.

So I might start looking for a half marathon to run this summer as a true test! I hung up my spikes when I graduated, so not going for time, just to say I did it will be good enough for me!

Keep up the great work!
    Arianne :happy:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Way to go CP! :drinker: You've been working hard and now seeing the payoff!

Melissa, your faith astounds me. I have so much adoration for people who are able to live life as you do. Just thought you should know.

Monica- :blushing: (there are no whistling smileys on here!)

Yesterday I amazed myself on my run. I went out with intention of doing 4-5 miles and had to stop at 2 to take off some layers. Then did another two and thought, what the heck, I feel good. I did 3 X 2 miles! Whoooo hoooo! Over 5 is always a big plateau for me. Next week I'm going for 8, then 10 by end of month. Took me until Aug last summer to get up to 10, and I just started running again in Mid-march.

So I might start looking for a half marathon to run this summer as a true test! I hung up my spikes when I graduated, so not going for time, just to say I did it will be good enough for me!

Keep up the great work!
    Arianne :happy:
    Aw thanks AD! He's always been there for me! Way to go on the running. I wish I could run. I have tried but I just don't do it. Maybe one of these days.
    Alex "made" me walk when we went to feed the ducks. I was in flip flops and had one of my nicer shirts on so I didn't want to sweat (90* today). It was nice, just wish I had worn different clothes. I would have gone further. I need to go pack and stuff but I don't want to. Feel "running" on the wii and being lazy. :laugh: Maybe I'll run a little bit and then get back to work. If I have any time leftover then I can be lazy. :smile:
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Aww, you guys are so sweet. :blushing: But Arianne, I think I will leave the half-marathons to you! :laugh: I am in awe. Mary, don't forget I have a couple inches on you - it drives me crazy that my husband (who is 6' 5") can walk on the treadmill at a speed I have to jog at. He just started working on running in the past month or two, and he is already doing the 3.5 mile run within a minute or so of me - but he walks some of it at 4+ mph!

I am pretty bummed right now, though, so it is nice to check in and get cheered up. Right at the end of Zumba class - during stretching! - my knee just kind of 'gave out' and started hurting across the top of the kneecap. That was a few hours ago and it is still burning a little. It has been 'creaky' for the past few years and sometimes hurts after (but usually not during) exercise. I am afraid that I might have really hurt it somehow. I am icing it for now and hoping that it feels better tomorrow.

Good night, pebbles!

P.S. MM, have a good trip! :flowerforyou: