muffin top!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had muffin tops, but now Ive lost weight, they have pretty much gone!! You cant spot reduce fat, just need to lose overall body fat. Dont worry about crunches etc as you can have a wonderful 6 pack, but it'll still be under any fat you have :tongue:
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Over all weight loss :( sorry... problem spots are so annoying! Wish there was spot reduction! haha
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I say just keep working out. You'll drop the weight over all. You can also try to wear a spanx of some sort to help hold everything in and look smoother.
  • SamBuck123
    Options
    lol...i wear clothes that fit. im not one of those girls trying to squeeze into omethign 3 sizes to small lol im not hanging all over or anything like that just rather the sides be flatter. im workign on it though.
  • haley_g2010
    haley_g2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this helps! I found this website a couple weeks ago and I love it. All you have to do is click on the part of the body you want to work, and it will give you different exercises to do that target that area. :) It will break it down step by step for you, and it will tell you how many reps to do.

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/

sometimes the instructions can seem a little jumbled, but its never too hard to figure out. And all of them are things you can do at home!

GOOD LUCK!
    we can fight our muffin tops together.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options

I disagree..If you tone the underlying muscle groups to problem areas this, in itself, will redefine the shape which was once problematic... just saying. not stiring.
    Scientific clinical studies have been done on spot reduction with exercise. It doesn't work. While conditioning the muscle underneath strengthens it and firms it up (tone is misinterpreted in fitness), it won't reduce fat around it through doing the exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SamBuck123
    Options
    ohh awesome thank you ill check it out!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I am not saying that one should not include diet and exercise...I am implying that we all have trouble zones and this is what we focus our workouts on.. right? The therory has worked for me> After 4 children..I targeted trouble areas and had great results...not perfect but shows when I can zip those high boots..tight jeans..or wear that swim suit that I bought in hopes to wear..and did.

OP.. I hope I was helpful in some way. GL and I hope you reach your goal.
    But it's anecdotal.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hopefully this helps! I found this website a couple weeks ago and I love it. All you have to do is click on the part of the body you want to work, and it will give you different exercises to do that target that area. :) It will break it down step by step for you, and it will tell you how many reps to do.

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/

sometimes the instructions can seem a little jumbled, but its never too hard to figure out. And all of them are things you can do at home!

GOOD LUCK!
    we can fight our muffin tops together.
    You can target for strength, but not for reduction.

IDEA Fitness member
  • jenniferhiggins
    jenniferhiggins Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    haley_g2010: I love the website. thanks for sharing.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio

reasonable calorie deficit
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    For some reason WAL-MART e-mails come to mind all of a sudden.

SPANX is a BIG LIE. I could imagine fooling some guy with those and spilling all over when you take em off! Sweat it off!

PS, Yes pants that FIT!!!!! I don't know how many girls think just because they can squeeze into a size, that it's their size and clearly they are in denial. Until you sweat it off buy a bigger waistline with a wider elastic... HIPSTER jeans by Victoria's Secret or WIDE BAND leggings will work nicely.
  • blooming_soul
    blooming_soul Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bicycle crunches and cardio!!! shoveling snow!! its all about the twist.....