New today!

Options
Hi everyone,

I just found this web site today after doing a google search. I have been a member of the biggest loser club web site for the past three months, and my membership is set to renew on 3/26. I got to thinking - why should I pay $60 (for three months), if I can get the same or similar features on a free web site? So, here I am. I figured I'd lurk around and try this site out and see if it is comparable to what I've been using. I'd rather spend the $60 on a reward for myself for some weight loss!

I have had success in the past with weight watchers, but have lost my drive to count points. I've been counting calories instead and am shooting for 1400 / per day. It may seem high to some, but, if I go lower than that I tend to get hungry in the evening and end up binging - which ends up throwing me to around 1800/2000 calories. 1400 seems to keep me satisfied and away from binging, so, that's what I'm working towards. I'm not in a hurry to lose weight - with my ultimate goal being about 25 lbs.

Hope to be able to both give and receive suggestions & support here.

Gerette64

Replies

• gerette64
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just found this web site today after doing a google search. I have been a member of the biggest loser club web site for the past three months, and my membership is set to renew on 3/26. I got to thinking - why should I pay $60 (for three months), if I can get the same or similar features on a free web site? So, here I am. I figured I'd lurk around and try this site out and see if it is comparable to what I've been using. I'd rather spend the $60 on a reward for myself for some weight loss!

I have had success in the past with weight watchers, but have lost my drive to count points. I've been counting calories instead and am shooting for 1400 / per day. It may seem high to some, but, if I go lower than that I tend to get hungry in the evening and end up binging - which ends up throwing me to around 1800/2000 calories. 1400 seems to keep me satisfied and away from binging, so, that's what I'm working towards. I'm not in a hurry to lose weight - with my ultimate goal being about 25 lbs.

Hope to be able to both give and receive suggestions & support here.

Gerette64
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are glad to have you here. This place is great and has alot of great folks full of support....for FREE.:smile: Good luck to you! (1400 calories is great....that's what I do)
  • SBONNER
    SBONNER Posts: 4
    Options
    WELCOME!! THE MOST AWSOME THING ABOUT THIS WEBSITE IS IT IS FREE!:laugh: HAVE YOU VISITED PREVENTION.COM LATELY? THEY HAVE THIS NEW THING ABOUT MUFA'S ( MONOUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS) THAT CAN HELP YOU BURN FAT AND BOOST YOUR METABOLISM.
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your goal!!
    This site is fantastic - you definately made the right decision.
    Patricia