Disappointed SCALE problmes help :(

Options
im disappointed of myself , sad , mad ,confused,,, i been weighing my self one's a week !! at home so today i went to the gym and used there scale and im so confused !!:( at the gym there's scale say i lost only 3 pound's in 1 month that i start'd the gym 11-14-11 and at home it's saids i lost a total of 7 pound's so witch one should i believe on that one i have home or the one that the gym >:( IM NOT EVEN GOING TO BE POSTING UP MY WEIGH IN NO MORE >:( I BEEN WORKING 5 DAYS A WEEK FOR NOTHING

i I STARTED IN 11-14-11 WEIGHING 186 POUNDS

SCALE AT HOME SAY'S IM 178.2 POUNDS

GYM SCALE 183POUNDS ??? I DONT WHAT TO THINK NO MORE :(

Replies

• runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    measure based on whatever scale you used to start. If the gym scale and your scale are different than you probably lost the same amount of weight that you thought you did (7 pounds), but if you had started out with the gym scale your starting weight would have probably been 190...most scales area little off.
  • anna_love
    Options
    WHEN I WENT TO THE GYM FOR THE FIRST TIME I WEIGH MYSELF BEFORE I WENT TO TALK TO THE PEOPLE IN THERE ! AND THEY ALSO WEIGH ME AND IT SAID THE SOMETHING AS MY SCALE AT HOME SO NOW I DONT EVEN WHAT IS GOING ON
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Simple... use ONE scale to weigh yourself...
  • gemini2267
    gemini2267 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. my gym has one of those hospital scale and it always has me 4 pound heavier than my modern home scale. I go by the one at home, it likes me better. lol
  • benore
    Options
    The problem with scales outside your home is you have to add a number of factors that aren't necessary when at home. For example, you are lightly dressed (if dressed at all) when at home. But when weighing yourself at the gym or doctor's office your clothing weight can have an effect. And your clothing weight can fluctuate. If you must weight yourself at the gym, try to wear the same clothes or roughly the same weight of clothes on the days you weight yourself. For example: if you started weight yourself with shoes and sweatpants ... then always do the same.

But whatever you do ... don't get discouraged. There will be days/weeks where it may seem like your body is no longer losing weight when you work out. But then out of nowhere your weight will begin to drop. It happens.
  • WalkingZero1
    WalkingZero1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That hapened to me too. A couple of months ago, on my home scale it said I lost a couple of pounds, and on my gyno's scale, it said I was 7 pounds heavier than what I lost? I know it weighs clothes too but jeez -_-
  • TheIzella
    TheIzella Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't get so discouraged, if you're working out that many days a week then you're also building muscle as well as losing weight. And muscle weighs more than fat. Try keeping track of your measurements, you're probably losing more inches than you realize... Especially if you have healthy eating habits. :)
  • Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely could be a clothing difference. Also, you need to try to weigh at the same time every single day. Preferably first thing in the morning. Your weight can fluctuate 3-4 lbs during the day from eating and drinking. That coupled with different attire and just plain difference in scales could make up that 7 lb. difference.
    Also, depending on the scale that the gym uses, it could need calibrated.

Try not to focus on the number on the scale. Take your measurements and go by how your clothes are fitting and how you FEEL. You are getting healthier and that's the most important part.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. I weight myself at home before a dr appt and was 140, then went straight to the dr and weight in at 142. I went straight home after my dr appt and stepped back on the scale, and 140, so i upped it to 142 so it was even. I then bought myself a digital scale!!! SO now i weight myself only in the am, 1st thing. I still have only lost 2lbs in 2 months. the other 2 lbs come and go daily , so i also am diapointed.