I'm Probably The Slowest At Losing

Options
Seriously, nothing. If anything I probably gained weight due to the stress of my finals and my eating habits were poor. Starting tomorrow I'm working out, so I have about twenty days (Winter Break) or so to lose this extra weight, plus I have fitness class starting next semester so it is good because WHENEVER I exercise I automatically eat healthy too, and I'll basically be forced to exercise or else I fail. The thing is, I'm always afraid of putting back on the weight I lost during the summer. I'm sure a lot of women feel the way I do, I'm content, but not in the place I really want to be. It's making me depressed. Any words of motivation? :frown: :brokenheart:

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    ...I've gained weight since being here. And can't seem to lose any weight or inches. :(

I don't really have any advice or motivating quotes or words or anything....
  • JamiroJunior
    Options
    bump
  • JamiroJunior
    Options
    ...I've gained weight since being here. And can't seem to lose any weight or inches. :(

I don't really have any advice or motivating quotes or words or anything....
    Let's hope someone else can be a ray of hope...
  • AnnaRocks79
    AnnaRocks79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Remember it aint easy. You didn't put the weight on in one night. Eating Healthy and Exercise go hand in hand. If you watch what your eating alone it will make you loose weight, the exercise is good for your heart, muscles and keeping toned. Putting forth the determination, getting the motivation to do it...and watch the rewarding effects it will have on YOU will be worth it in the end.

After you EAT keep MOVING, the couch is the enemy..LOL "that was my biggest problem...always relaxing" :(

Remember it will ONLY happen if you want it to.....its a serious life change....not a weekend thing, or a 3 month health kick...it's a LIFE change!!!

You can do it, don't be stressed out about finals...there only TEMPORARY! If you need motivation add me ;)

Anna
  • SarahAbear
    Options
    I lose weight very slowly too. There were times when I didn't seem to see any progress but so far I've lost over 70 pounds. The key is to do little things that you can stick to every day. Have a plan and a goal but don't overwhelm yourself. Don't restrict yourself from the foods you love. Learn to modify recipes and limit your portion size. It's tough to do something uncomfortable everyday and not be able to actually see the reason why you're doing it. It is a rough up-hill climb but trust me, it's worth it. As far as exercise goes, find something you like to do. Walking is a great way to start. A brisk 15 minute walk a day can make a big difference. I exercise 20 minutes in the morning and 20 at night. It's not too much at one time and at the end of the day I've exercised 40 minutes. Stick with it and your body will thank you.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I've looked at your food diary. Take a good hard look at it yourself.

Try a week of sticking to your calories (ie not going under by a lot and not going over either) and eating plenty of lean chicken or fish, fruit and veg, weighing not guessing everything, and cut out all the sugary sweet stuff.

I bet you'll lose weight.

P.S. It took me almost a year to lose 26lb, losing weight slowly isn't a problem at all, but you do need to lose some! :bigsmile:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    What's feeling depressed doing for you?
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    No your not, I had a metabolic test done and i was told my metabolism is 3x's slower than the average person my height and weight!
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    please hang in there and dont give up, you will find the pounds will began to come off and you will feel better about yourself. make good food choices and plan your meals for the week. dont eat fast foods! drink lots of water and caffiene free hebal teas that is what helps me shed pounds excerise five days a week for an hour. you owe this to yourself to be the best you can be. its a struggle but you are not alone.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    We all need to make fitness less of a thing we do here and there and more of a lifestyle.
    If not, we'd all end up like poor Opra Winfrey with all her absurd yo yo dieting and such.

Our motivation need also be internal, rooted in a passion for health.
    You are in a good place with other great ladies who can help you plug in, learn and share in the abundance of living well, looking great and enjoying a fit body and healthy new you.

Good luck!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :heart: WIth Finals behind you, you now have time to focus on being healthy. Exercise everyday, up your water intake, and eat lots of fruits and veges. You don't have to be perfect....you can budget for your treats.....you can also exercise more so you can eat more! I am pulling for you!

Fab:heart:
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. My weight loss is sooooooo slow and it is depressing at times. What keeps me going is knowing that if I do the right things, eventually I will succeed. Instant gratification would be awesome but slow change over time is much more likely to lead to keeping my weight off long-term.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have been losing weight slowly. I've lost 11lbs since July. I am completely happy with that, because the slower it comes off, the longer it stays off, in theory.

You don't need to make drastic changes over night. Just take baby steps and as long as you are constantly trying to eat better foods and work out more than you did the week before, you'll get there. It won't be fast, and it will take awhile to see results, but it will be worth it.

Weight loss shouldn't be something that you just hurry up and do and then stop worrying about when you get to your goal weight. You actually need to make changes that you can maintain for a lifetime. Otherwise, you'll gain it back and then some.