30 DAY SHRED DVD

Options
So i just ordered the 30 day shred dvd i seen so many posts on here about the program i thought id invest in it and see if it works can anyone give me hints or tips while doing the dvd program?

Replies

• curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just bought it too. I'm going to be apart of the 30 challenge with 3 of her DVDs. I'll be interested in any tips too. :)
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it...I was sore for days!!!! lol
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awsome
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was thinking I might give it a try after the holidays. Can you buy it anywhere or just available online?
  • lucysposaro
    Options

I think im going to have trouble doing the push ups because i dont have any strenth in my arms to do it
  • lucysposaro
    Options
    I was thinking I might give it a try after the holidays. Can you buy it anywhere or just available online?

I just brought my online
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I bought mine on Amazon for $8. :)
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    my main tip is....... DO MORE COOL DOWN STRETCHES THAT JILLIAN GIVES YOU... If you dont you are going to be extremely sore....

Once i started to incorperate extr cool down stretches, it really helped.. For a 20 minute workout, its great... enjoy
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options

You can also get it at walmart or target.
  • Abbey70
    Abbey70 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Love it and got mine for 5.98 at Walmart
  • AnnaRocks79
    AnnaRocks79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot about AMAZON!!! Thanks for the tip :D
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So i just ordered the 30 day shred dvd i seen so many posts on here about the program i thought id invest in it and see if it works can anyone give me hints or tips while doing the dvd program?

The first couple of days you are going to be really sore because you are going to work muscles that you didn't even know you had. Just keep with it. It will get better and you will definitely start feeling better about yourself and your goals if you block out time for the workout. Definitely stretch very well. The cool down is only a couple minutes so I would advise you to do more stretching of your legs especially or your thighs are going to kill you.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    my main tip is....... DO MORE COOL DOWN STRETCHES THAT JILLIAN GIVES YOU... If you dont you are going to be extremely sore....

Once i started to incorperate extr cool down stretches, it really helped.. For a 20 minute workout, its great... enjoy

Yeah really, you'd think she'd mention that in her dvd it was kind of dumb of her to not include even mentioning longer stretches are best.

It's 20-30 second hold for a stretch to be helpful.

Use light weights, the first time I did it I only could find my ten pound weights and I injured my arms so bad I had to carry my arms like a t rex for a few days.
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I think im going to have trouble doing the push ups because i dont have any strenth in my arms to do it

I still struggle with the modified push up she gives in the video so I do wall pushups when I can't do anymore of the knee ones... the trick is to just keep working, you might not be able to do everything the way they do as quickly as they do but JUST KEEP GOING! Thats what I do anyhow :wink:
  • therenegadeangel
    therenegadeangel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started about 5 days ago. Julian will say not to take breaks, but please, TAKE ONE IF YOU REALLY, AND I MEAN REALLY, need it. Sometimes the 5 second break to catch your breath just won't cut it. Also, expect to be sore. I've been sore since I started. But just stick with it, do it EVERYDAY, and you should see results.

Also, to everyone who is buying the DVD, I hope this isn't against a rule or anything, but you can watch her DVD online for free. That's what I do. And it's all three levels included.
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Just plan on doing the modified versions of the things you can to start with, you will work up to full scale in no time.. and whatever you do... keep pushing through! It is only 30 minutes a day! I didn't SEE a lot of change for myself but I FELT the difference!

Will probably add it back to my routine at the 1st of the year just to get everything kicked back into gear! ;)

Good luck!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've done 2days so far I made the mistake of thinking it was easy the first day. That was until I woke up the next morning and could barely move my legs. That will teach me!!
  • Olisellana
    Options
    Believe it or not until you get the strength in your arms you can always do the modified pushup. most people call these Female pushups but I have seen females do a lot better pushups then men. Anyways, All you do is put your knees on the ground....make sure your feet are not on the ground and you do the pushup from your knees instead allowing for a little easier movement until you can build your arms.

Remember though the key is not being able to do as many as you can, the goal is to do as many as you can correctly. So therefore don't worry so much about getting the most done but make sure that you are working on form and mastering the technique. then after this then you can work on how many you can do.