You feel exhausted but mentally you know you need to work ou

Options
I feel so tired right now. I did 3.2 miles on the elliptical on Monday and Tuesday BUT then I didnt get good sleep on either of those nights so I know that has alot to do with it. Last night I was in bed by 9 and did not work out. Today I really feel like I need to work out BUT I feel so tired. Do you still push through it or do you listen? Im just confused! Help!!:frown:

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I feel so tired right now. I did 3.2 miles on the elliptical on Monday and Tuesday BUT then I didnt get good sleep on either of those nights so I know that has alot to do with it. Last night I was in bed by 9 and did not work out. Today I really feel like I need to work out BUT I feel so tired. Do you still push through it or do you listen? Im just confused! Help!!:frown:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Honestly....as long as it doesn't become a habit, there's nothing wrong with taking a break. I am dealing with a knee injury right now that I believe was caused by over-training.

If you do decide to work out, tell yourself you are going to workout for 5 or 10 minutes, then see how you feel after that.

And get some good sleep tonight :smile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I push through it if I know I have to work out. I always tell myself that I'll only do half but end up doing the whole 3 miles. I know how you feel about being tired and not wanting to work out.
  • colliertoys
    colliertoys Posts: 17
    Options
    I push through, unless it is my 1 day off per week. But do what you think is best for you!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just start out with a little. If you feel like doing more, great. If not, at least you did something.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I push through. I usually end up feeling energized once I begin and then GREAT afterwards. :love:

But ultimately you have to listen to your body.
  • kgrc
    kgrc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have never not pushed thru it, but yesterday was a day that I just could not.

I had a mentally exhausting day at work.

I had in my mind that I was not going to go to Cardio Mix..but I went home, put on my work out clothes, drove my car in that direction, got out, went into class, ran into a trainer friend of mine who told me I was 1 minute late for my class, tried to participate for ten minutes, picked up my keys after 10minutes and left..

I have never ever done that in all my days of working out..but I was just too mentally overwhelmed...it happens..I tried..that's all you can do..

good luck..
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    OMG THIS IS ME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually feel exactly the same way. I have put on my workout clothes and I am getting ready to go outside in the yard and sunshine to do some stretching hoping the sunshine will motivate me for a good workout. I say just do it!!!!!!!!! Get something yummy in your tummy and go do a workout, even if just for 5 mins.......

Good luck.........:flowerforyou:
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options

I haven't been sleeping well because of the medicine I take for allergies. But..I've been pushing through it and get my butt going.....I go by cals burned, so if (on a bad day) I get to at least 300, I'm happy. I try to make up for my bad days later. It's a little easier for me to push through though because my two year old stands at the door, looking out , and he just looks pitiful, so I'm guilted into it:laugh:

On the other hand....one day off may help get you past this funk. You'll have to listen to your body on this one. Good luck!
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way yesterday, I was exhausted and hadn't had a "rest day" in over 2 weeks. I took last night off, and went to bed earlier than usual. I felt so much better today. If you can do it, maybe workout longer tomorrow, if you can. Just my 2 cents.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Push through it- You got rest lastnight- so workout today and tomorrow and take Saturday off--
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you do decide to work out, tell yourself you are going to workout for 5 or 10 minutes, then see how you feel after that.

I do the same thing. Most of the time, once I start working out, I feel like I can push through it. I felt like crap this week (especially bad TOM) and was able to push through it on Monday, but could only do 10 minutes on Tuesday.

Take good care of yourself and I hope you sleep better tonight.

126046.png
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Know what you mean---i did 4 miles this morning but really want to do another 3 tonight to try and MOVE the scales===I am going to have a 30 minute nap then I know I can do it!!!
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way yesterday, I was exhausted and hadn't had a "rest day" in over 2 weeks. I took last night off, and went to bed earlier than usual. I felt so much better today. If you can do it, maybe workout longer tomorrow, if you can. Just my 2 cents.

Ok, so I just skimmed your question and missed the part where you skipped yesterday's workout...that changes everything. You should try to workout on those days, you will usually feel better. You have to sort mental fatigue from physical, if your body is physically tired, that is usually an indication that you need to rest. But, if you are just tired or stressed from work/life, etc, then give it a try, workout for 5 or 10 min, and before you know it, you're ready to really kick it in gear. Are morning workouts a possibility for you? That's a great way to make sure you get your workout in before the stress of the day can zap your energy.