Goal to Xmas

Options
Hi everyone.

I am new here, but I am really looking for support, ideas, and tips from anyone who is interested in doing a serious weight loss challenge till christmas. I want to lose around 20 pounds. It might be a lot in a short time, but I want to see how things go. If you are interested, let me know and I would love to keep each other on track and see our progress.

So I was thinking, maybe we could take up the challenge together for motivation and it might work better knowing someone else somewhere is going through the same thing.

I am 5'5'' and currently weigh 136.7 lbs and I want to go down to 110 lbs. In the past I have accomplished this through just healthy eating (like eliminating junk food completely) and exercise.

Hope I can find interested people! :happy:

Replies

• havs23
    havs23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is funny; I'm also 5'5'' and when I started I weighed the same as you do now! I don't know if I could do the challenge with you now since I've already lost some weight since then, but I can definitely provide support! Add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    hey we have the same goal. & im a newbie as wel .. i wanna shed 20lbs by x-mas.. add me if you like =)
  • crochetninja
    crochetninja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hello looking for support also and im 5'6' and started about the same as you!!! and would love to get ot my goal before christmas
  • vasare
    vasare Posts: 18
    Options
    hey ;) Im 5'5 too! and my goal is the same as yours - around 110! Im currently down to 125. I'd love to get to my goal by Christmas, but I'll see how it goes.
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    omg this is irrelevant to the topic but that baby is soo freaking cute.. =)
  • dietdiva1093
    Options
    I'm in too I want to loose 20 pounds by christmas :)
  • cathoult
    Options
    Can I join?? I'm a total newbie to all this, in the past I've dieted but nothing more than a pound or 2 here & there, since my daughters come along my waistline has diminshed lol
    I didn't have a timeframe in mind but xmas sounds good as it's my 28th a few days before so would be fab to slip into my old wardrobe in time for that!

Seems I'm a shortie in comparison to all you giants..I'm a mere 5' 2.5" so every lb I lose really will make a difference to how I look :)
  • nainaa22
    Options
    Hi Cat,

Of course you can join. I joined yesterday and today was my actual first day of trying it out. I am impressed at how motivated and nice people are on here.

Lol, don't worry if you are short, but yes I agree shedding a few pounds would be fantastic! If you have any ideas on what kind of diet you will do or how you will do it let me know!

Good luck!
  • JonesAnator
    Options
    We started our own Biggest Loser contest at the school where I work.
  • crochetninja
    Options
    cathoult,
    this truely works I also had a diminishing waistline. I have never been a big dieter but have lost 6 lbs in about 2 1/2 weeks!!!! good luck to you.
  • crochetninja
    Options
    omg this is irrelevant to the topic but that baby is soo freaking cute.. =)
    thx!! he is the reason for the weight gain!! but man was he worth it :)
  • cathoult
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just got the end of my 1st week of 'dieting' and had 3 shockingly bad days thanks to my little devil...teething is no fun! But on the bright side I've lost 2lbs :smile: ALthough my number on here is still red so I'm guessing that I should've lost more but hey ho, a loss is a loss...onwards & upwards(or should that be downwards??????? :laugh: )

Crochet - how old is your little man??? My little lady is the reason for my weight gain too,,, I got into bad habits breastfeeding & when I stopped the bad habits didn't change so much..whoops!

Lemon - I'm not planning on doing a traditional 'diet' as such, I have little to no will power & my hubby is at the other end of the scale and struggles to gain weight so for me it's a case of tracking what I eat which means I'm paying more attention to what I'm eating, getting portion sizes under control & making smarter choices...I'm also upping my exercise which is great and is helping a lot...if you haven't tried Zumba I'd highly recommend it ...loads of fun & totally addictive:happy:
  • walbro
    walbro Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am up for the challenge. Like you I find it easier to lose weight when I cut out junk food but I now also want to up the exercise and look more at the nutritional content of the food I eat. I have lost 8 pounds and already feel so much better. I am 5 5 as well and weigh 138 pounds at present. Not sure I can get down to 110 but will certainly give it a go!:laugh:
  • walbro
    walbro Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey how is everyone doing? I am only one pound away from meeting my target of 20 pounds. I didn't think it was possible but I have worked really hard and the results are great. Hope everyone else is doing as well?