Hi there ... newbie on MFP and trying to find my way! :)

Options
Hi there! Not even 100% sure what to say! So, just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself ...

I'm South African and live in Cape Town. I've never had a weight problem per se, but I've always been on a 'diet' of sorts, watching what I eat. I've switched to vegetarianism some 20+ years ago and although I love the lifestyle I do find, as I'm getting older, that I'm struggling a little to keep my food-intake balanced. (Or rather -- bad food choices and combinations did not affect me much before, but lately I do seem to feel a little run down at times.)

So ... I've decided to embark on a new 'lifestyle reset' program to get my system back into a more balanced state. The products aren't available in South Africa yet (only in the USA and Canada) so I'll probably only start my 'return to vigor & optimal health lifestyle reset' in February! Will keep you posted!

More about me:
~ Wife & mother of four... (Kids between the ages of 8 and 19.)
~ Corporate escapee, now full-time work-from-home momtrepreneur.
~ Love art and poetry -- in LOVE with words although English is not my first language (so please excuse the odd mistakes!)
~ Love people.
~ Love learning new things. Spend hours on the internet researching everything and anything!
~ In love with books. Have loads and loads, because I simply can't give them away. (I even have 2-3 copies of the same books.)
~ Very interested in nutrition & natural alternatives to health. (I take care of my mother who has cancer. Lost my dad to Leukeamia 7 years ago.)
~ Love my cats.
~ Love my family.
~ Love God!

And that's about it! Hope we can become friends and share a few ideas/laughs/good moments along the way. Would love to get to know you! :)

Replies

• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Just follow the MFP recommendations for 1lb weight loss, engage in cardio and resistance exercise, and eat back your calories earned through this exercise. It's important to try to eat close to your daily goal.

The way people fail is eating too much of course but also not eating enough. Yes, you heard that right...lol
    Eat all your daily calories with lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, low fay dairy and whole grains.

Again, welcome!

All Is Possible!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! There are lots of great people here. Feel free to add me. Best wishes to you on your journey to a healthier you. :flowerforyou:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great things happen here :flowerforyou:
  • mestrydom
    Options
    Thank you! I feel welcome already! :) And please add me too ... and if people should add me, how would I know?? Hahaha! Where does it say? I clicked on some link that said I had a friend request and it turned out to be a blackberry advertisement! :P