Suggestions for a modified low carb?

Options
Ral263
Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
It's been a really terrible last 3 weeks with finals, and I really need to jumpstart my weight loss, and for me, diet always makes the greatest impact.

I have always been staunchly against ANYTHING low carb-- I run a lot, so I always have complex carbs in the morning after my workout--but I figure this will be a one month deal, just to get things moving.

I usually eat pretty low carb for lunch and dinner anyway, typically fish or chicken with veggies and salad....it's breakfast where I need help. I'm not a huge savory foods fan as far as breakfast goes-- I was thinking plain greek yogurt and blueberries?

Also, I eat a TON of vegetables and fruit, but I know I might need to cut back on certain starchier ones. Any advice for good options for a "kick start" low carb plan would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Have a google at the Dukan diet if you want a kick start, Im very large and lost 14lb in 7 days recommendation is to do phase 1 for 3-7 days i now base my diet around it :bigsmile:
  • JoshGouvisis
    JoshGouvisis Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You could try eating 2 slices of whole wheat toast with 1 Tbsp of peanut butter on each slice, or use Almond butter instead with your breakfast. Peanut , and Almond butter are GOOD fats! Just because you see the word "fat' does not mean its bad, as im sure you may, or may not know lol! You need fat to burn fat! So dont be afraid of them!

As far as the "Dukan" diet goes... 14lbs down in 7 days is dangerous!!! Pace yourself! The key to weight loss is daily nutrition, not under eating :smile:
  • Olisellana
    Options
    When you first wake up your going to want to give your body some protein. Therefore why not make yourself 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg and 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Add in some cinnimon if you would like. I mean this will not leave you hungry. Also you can add 1-2 Tablespoons of Salsa to the eggs if you wanted so you don't add salt.