This is so disheartening

Options
So I reached goal a bit ago and trying to maintain (after unfortunately too low an intake losing) I upped my calories to about 1500 (it says maintainence is 1650) and have been doing more workouts. Zumba every other day and some lifting. But I come home and the scale reads like 115-116 (it isn't the best scale) and I have always hovered around 115 (in this maintanance period) but my pants feel tighter. I'm not on TOM or near it. And I even tried to flush my system of sodium. They just feel tight. I hate it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Replies

• stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It's all a balancing act. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone will be able to tell you what you're doing "wrong". Stick with it and try something different. Good luck and congratulations on meeting your goal.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    A lot of women bloat not only on TOM, but also at ovulation time which is about two weeks before your period. Happened to me last week. It doesn't happen every month but occasionally I bloat up like a blimp in the middle of my cycle.. Hopefully it's just that. When did you up your cals?
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    I actually don't have TOM currently (doctor stuff)

I upped them like a week or two ago.
  • bravozulu12
    bravozulu12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many hours a week are you working out? 2-3 hours a week doesn't do much for body shaping. 9-12 hours per week and you will see a huge differences.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    How many hours a week are you working out? 2-3 hours a week doesn't do much for body shaping. 9-12 hours per week and you will see a huge differences.

I really don't think that amount is necessary. That's up to 2 hours a day, 6 days a week, which seems a bit much IMO. I currently go to the gym and workout for around 5 hours a week, spread out over 5 days and have seen quite considerable changes in my body for the better.

To the OP: When an exercise routine gets shaken up a bit, and more exercise added we can sometimes hold onto water quite easily, especially with lifting. After lifting, our muscles hold onto water to help repair them. If you want an accurate representation of weight change, weigh in after a rest day :)
    Also, after upping calories we can sometimes hold onto water for a little while too, it should settle down soon. I really wouldn't worry though, I seriously doubt 1500 cals could be enough to make anyone gain fat.
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    With all that you've lost, you may have "go to" foods that help your body "feel" good - and shake some bloating, etc. Maybe it's a good week to just "get back to basics" with your body's favourite foods. Maybe that will help settle it back down.

May I just encourage you not to let one pound dishearten you? I know you've worked so hard to get here that there is some panic as soon as the scale starts tipping the other way, but you can gain/lose that much in any day. Stick to the plan and let your body fall in line.

Give it a couple days, Keep doing what's right! And, hey, stronger workouts mean stronger you - so it'll be worth a week of weird!
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    With all that you've lost, you may have "go to" foods that help your body "feel" good - and shake some bloating, etc. Maybe it's a good week to just "get back to basics" with your body's favourite foods. Maybe that will help settle it back down.

May I just encourage you not to let one pound dishearten you? I know you've worked so hard to get here that there is some panic as soon as the scale starts tipping the other way, but you can gain/lose that much in any day. Stick to the plan and let your body fall in line.

Give it a couple days, Keep doing what's right! And, hey, stronger workouts mean stronger you - so it'll be worth a week of weird!
    the tight panta aremy real worry