my scale....

Options
i have been having a hard time beleiving my scale...i look at my picture 10yrs ago @ 136-140lb..and i look huge!!! now my scale says 133lb...so not that much different but i look much smaller! no one can say "so so's fat sister anymore!)
but 133lb is too much !! i looked at my measurments from 2006 @ 124lb...and my measuremts are about the same now as they were then...and I am wearing some of the same jeans i did at that weight comfortably...

today i did a test on my scale....i put my 2lb dumbells and it said 2lb...i put 2 of them and it said 4lb....i put my 5lb dumbells and it said 5.5lb....i put two 5lb dumbells and it said 10.5lb...i put my 10lb dumbell and it said 10.5....

what is up with that?? it is a tanita scale...bought it 11 yrs ago....do u think it is time to replace it?? it has new batteries...

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    i have been having a hard time beleiving my scale...i look at my picture 10yrs ago @ 136-140lb..and i look huge!!! now my scale says 133lb...so not that much different but i look much smaller! no one can say "so so's fat sister anymore!)
    but 133lb is too much !! i looked at my measurments from 2006 @ 124lb...and my measuremts are about the same now as they were then...and I am wearing some of the same jeans i did at that weight comfortably...

today i did a test on my scale....i put my 2lb dumbells and it said 2lb...i put 2 of them and it said 4lb....i put my 5lb dumbells and it said 5.5lb....i put two 5lb dumbells and it said 10.5lb...i put my 10lb dumbell and it said 10.5....

what is up with that?? it is a tanita scale...bought it 11 yrs ago....do u think it is time to replace it?? it has new batteries...

There's nothing wrong with your scale. It's calibrated and correct.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    I have to ask the question...if you look and feel good, then why does your weight on the scale matter?

Anyway, you've probably changed your body composition a bit. You're probably more muscular than you were before, and muscle weighs more than fat leading to a higher weight on the scale but lower body measurements and an overall better looking physique.
  • LuciLawless
    LuciLawless Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my sudgestion is to weigh your self with your scale a day before you go to the doctors and then when you're at the doctors ask if they can weigh you then compare. They doctors scale is better than your home one, so if it's only off by a pound or two then you know what to deduct or add :)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You can weigh more and be smaller. Really depends on body composition. Last time I weighed 199 I did NOT fit into size 14 jeans. and now I do.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    like lucylawless's answer but i also think its the fit part. muscle is sleaker than fat and your prob more tone now than before so these factors do matter. muscle is heavier than fat too so.... be happy! :bigsmile: post some of these pics so we can see for ourselves :)
  • samantha0176
    samantha0176 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i know i keep on thinking who cares about what the scale says...i am fitting in most of the clothes in my clothes..and i do not feel fat anymore...but it is just soo annoying seeing a big number on the scale...today i am going to ask ds to take the scale down to the dungeon AKA basement and hide it for few weeks :o)

samantha